On April 28, 2017, Micro Focus IT Service Management Automation Suite 2017.04 has been released for general availability.
Micro Focus IT Service Management Automation is analytics-driven, highly automated service desk, including ITIL process orchestration, automated discovery and configuration management, and asset management.
Micro Focus ITSM Automation Suite 2017.04 in containers
Based on the recently announced ITOM Container Deployment Foundation, ITSM Automation Suite Express Edition is now available in containers for the first time. With this, Service Manager, Smart Analytics, Service Manager Service Portal and Universal CMDB can now be deployed in containers as a single ITSM solution suite, easily and fast.
If you are looking for a more traditional deployment, ITSM Automation Suite 2017.04 is also available for classic deployment. Depending on the version you select—either Suite Edition, Express or Premium—the version includes licenses and software of the latest versions of Service Manager, Smart Analytics, Universal CMDB, Universal Discovery, Operations Orchestration and Asset Manager releases.
Enhancements made to the latest software versions include:
Service Manager 9.52
- Service Portal enhancements
- Process Designer for Configuration Management
- Simplified Hot Topic Analytics configuration
Configuration Management System (CMS) 10.32
- Automated Service Modelling comes free of charge
- AWS and Microsoft Azure discovery extensions
- Arxview integration improvements
- Juniper layer 2 device discovery
Asset Manager 9.63
- UsageHub Integration for internal license tracking
- ConnectIT support for DB2 10.5 and 11.1, and for SCCM 2016
True innovation - ITSM Automation deploys and runs in containers
The Micro Focus Container Deployment Foundation is based on Docker containers and Google Kubernetes orchestration. It enables new delivery options, orchestration, and management capabilities for Micro Focus container-based ITOM Suites. IT Service Management Automation Suite Express Edition in containers provides many benefits including:
- Fast and easy container-based deployment.
- All components are bundled as a suite, installed as containerized applications, and integrated automatically, providing a seamless user experience.
- Simplified database preparation and configuration - the suite installation wizard provides an intuitive user interface for easy database configuration and connection verification.
- Centralized user authentication and single sign-on via the ITSM Automation Suite Portal.
- Simplified suite-level licensing, only requiring two license files
For more information about the containerized versions of Micro Focus IT Operations Management (ITOM) Suites, read The containers have landed: accelerate and streamline your continuous operations.
For more information about IT Service Management Automation visit the Micro Focus ITSM website.
Michael Pott (@michaelpott)
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.