Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
beddah
New Member.

Access to Scan and Agent logs from the backend

Hi

Does anyone know if there's a way to access the agent and scan logs through the backend?

I've got a large number of devices that I need to analyse their logs looking for common issues.
If I can help it, I'd rather not look at them indvidually in the GUI.

Thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access to Scan and Agent logs from the backend

Hi,

You cannot access them (that I am aware of) You could write a script to scrape the device manager for each device you are interested. It's not too complex.

Just run this URL for every device you're interested in:

https://ddmimachine/nm/devicelog/scan_log.pcgi?device=10.1.1.1

("Mark Zuckerberg" does a great job describing how to do it in the movie "The Social Network" :-))
0 Likes
beddah
New Member.

Re: Access to Scan and Agent logs from the backend

Thanks Matthew.

My knowledge of PHP scripting is very limited but I'll explore the scrape script option and hopefully find a way to automate the URL generation and to caputre the script output into a file.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.