Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Agent Call Home

Can someone please explain the technical aspect of the DDMI Agent Call home?  My company is now going through a very intense Remediation process.  I'm finding a LOT of devices on this list are devices that should be calling home, but aren't. 

So my questions:

#1)  How often does the device call home? 

#1B) Are there certain triggers that force it to call home? (IE, network connection change)

#2) Can I modify the frequency that devices call home ?

I believe timing is my main issue.  These devices are only connected over VPN for maybe an hour a day, a few days a week.  So it doesn't appear that the DDMI agent has enough time to call-home... it's not calling home in that small window. 

Thanks,

~Jeff

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Shilei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Agent Call Home

Hello 

CallHome will only be sent if there is a network connection

- CallHome is triggered when the agent starts

- Agent CallHome is repeated ever 8 hours if necessary

- CallHome is triggered when the IP of a device changes

- CallHome is triggered when an additional interface is added to the device 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.