Highlighted
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Anyway to use UDI ZSAI Files in DDMI?

Hey folks... I have a client who has used DDMI for years and has no interest in moving to UD/UDI/uCMDB.  There are quite happy with DDMI and do not need any help from Support with it, so Support going away is not an issue for them.  However updated ZSAI files are no longer being provided for DDMI either which means it is becoming more and more senile as time passes.

I have not played much with UD/UDI, but AFAIK the Scanner in UDI is basically the same as what was in DDMI.  Which means the Scan Files are likelly much the same.  Which likelly means the XML Enrichment and Software Recognition is likely much the same.  Which might mean the ZSAI file is also quite similar.  These are a bunch of "maybe's", but on the off chance they hold... has anyone figured out a way to take the ZSAI updates for UDI and modify them to be backwards compatable to DDMI?  Without someway to do this the client is going to be forced into purchasing and implementing a new Discovery Tool and that is something they would rather avoid.  As would I since it would mean a whole set of work to build a new integration into Asset Manager without providing any net new value or functionality.  To some degree it also puts Asset Manager at risk since they will likelly look at Discovery Tools which are already nativelly integrated with an ITAM tool.

Cheers... Russ 

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.