Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Madan Raja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connect-It command line path issue

Jump to solution
I tried to execute a very basic command using command line connector. I wanted to have backups of the documents. So here is my scenrio:

I have a bunch of files in E:\Delete1 folder

I am trying to create a back-up of these files in E:\Backup folder

So I created a tab-delimited text file with three columns, name, arg n path

In the Name column I entered cmd/C xcopy, arg had E:\Delete1 E:\Backup.

In mapping I mapped Command line "Name" to [Name], "Arg" to [Arg] and for "path" I wrote script "C:\Windows\System32"

When I try to run the scenario, I get the error "System error 2: The system cannot find the file specified".

I tried changing path to "E:\" because the files are in E directory but I got the same error. Where am I erring n what needs to be changed? Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Connect-It command line path issue

Jump to solution
Try doing all of your processing in a .bat file and just call the .bat file from CIT using the method I mentioned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Madan,

I suggest you post your question on the "OV Asset Mgmt (Connect-It, AssetCenter, Etc.)" forum at:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=682

Regards,
Brindusa
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I think what you want is the data generator connector instead of the text file connector.

In your scenario, add a data generator connector and a command line connector and link them together with a single line (no mapping box). Click on your data generator, go to the document types tab and do a new produced document type. Add the nodes of the command document type. Click on each one Arg, name and path in the upper right pane. In the lower right pane, hard code your arg, name and path by clicking where it say's "value".

Michael
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Micheal,

I tried doing it your way but I still see the same problem. I hard coded the Name, Arg and Path and the same problem exists. Is there some aspect I am missing?

Thanks Brindusa, I will post this question in that forum as well.

Thanks,
Madan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Try doing all of your processing in a .bat file and just call the .bat file from CIT using the method I mentioned.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
attached is an example from the service desk AC connector
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Micheal. It worked and using that I figured out how to use text file to run the scenario.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Micheal's solution did the trick.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.