shtrudhan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DDMI-7.60: Network devices not resolve a host name

hi
i am able to discove network device by ip address after discovering it showing the ip address only..but i want after discoveing it showng the host name instead of ipaddress
customer want like this only..
pls help me

Regards
shtrudhan
0 Likes
2 Replies
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DDMI-7.60: Network devices not resolve a host name

In your Device Groups, is your "Network Configuration Profile" set to "Query devices for their NetBIOS name"?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DDMI-7.60: Network devices not resolve a host name

Also, if you want DNS name, make sure you have a DNS server specified in your server (ipconfig /all).

Also, check your title preference order. By default name is before IP address, unless you changed it.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.