Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. driekus77 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DDMI Database report that shows agent error

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me!

I want to create a report that shows me the agent error of devices and than search for all devices with the same problem Inc. Hostname , IP adres , Domain etc.

With agent error I mean something like this:

• The network path was not found
  • The agent Service "prgnDiscAgent" is already installed on the destination computer
  • The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed
  • etc...

I hope you can help me

Regards,

Dirk

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Jon.Arendt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: DDMI Database report that shows agent error

Jump to solution
From what I understand, Universal Discovery is going to replace DDMI.  So, they will not be doing enhancement requests for DDMI, as they expect/want you to upgrade to UD, hence the reference to UD in the "solution".  I may be wrong, but, I don't believe that I am.

@Jeff Sikorski wrote:

Well the link to my enhancement is here... and it says its completed, but I dont understand the explanation of what was done:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_QCCR1C35488

So hopefully someone from HP can chime in and explain what all this means:

Customer symptom

The last attempt of the automatic agent deployment is not stored in the MySQL Aggregate database for troubleshooting/remediation.

Customer resolution

UD has a separate job for agent installation and one can see the success/failure of the operation that was done in a particular run of the job.

Internal Change Request

QCCR1C35488

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I've actually had a "Service/Enhancement Request" in to HP for over a year now on this.  I think the ball is still rolling on it.

At this time, it is not available.  you should definitely join my cause to get this in.  It would be GREATLY beneficial to ALL!

~Jeff

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Where can I Join ?

0 Likes
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Well the link to my enhancement is here... and it says its completed, but I dont understand the explanation of what was done:

Customer symptom

The last attempt of the automatic agent deployment is not stored in the MySQL Aggregate database for troubleshooting/remediation.

Customer resolution

UD has a separate job for agent installation and one can see the success/failure of the operation that was done in a particular run of the job.

Internal Change Request

QCCR1C35488

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Jeff,

I also don't understand it!

I hope someone of HP can help us with the problem 😉

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Jon.Arendt Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
From what I understand, Universal Discovery is going to replace DDMI.  So, they will not be doing enhancement requests for DDMI, as they expect/want you to upgrade to UD, hence the reference to UD in the "solution".  I may be wrong, but, I don't believe that I am.

@Jeff Sikorski wrote:

Customer symptom

Customer resolution

Internal Change Request

QCCR1C35488

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.