Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ED 2.50 Software utilization not showing

Jump to solution
Hi all,

I have ED 2.50 on win 2003. I have many devices Inventoried and I can see Software applications however Software utilization is showing nothing even though I have a license for that and that's what License status is giving me.

Any idea how to fix this or troubleshoot it?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tmac_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ED 2.50 Software utilization not showing

Jump to solution
Hi
Did you confirm that the agent setting is turned on for the devices that are being scanned?
you can check in the agent profile to see if
"Collect utilization data" has been checked.

To verify if the settings have been applied to the specific device or devices check the diagnostic page of the device manager for one of the devices being scanned.

check to make sure that the "Collect utilization data" is set to "on" in the Discovery configuration table.

If you have access to the device check to make sure that the following process is running.

discusge.exe

Also usage information requires at least 24 hours of usage collection.
and the usage data is only collected once the machine has been scanned twice.

the first scan of any machine that is set to collect usage data, turns on the usage plug-in and starts the collection of data.

The second scan will collect the usage data provided it has been 1 day since the first scan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Tmac_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi
Did you confirm that the agent setting is turned on for the devices that are being scanned?
you can check in the agent profile to see if
"Collect utilization data" has been checked.

To verify if the settings have been applied to the specific device or devices check the diagnostic page of the device manager for one of the devices being scanned.

check to make sure that the "Collect utilization data" is set to "on" in the Discovery configuration table.

If you have access to the device check to make sure that the following process is running.

discusge.exe

Also usage information requires at least 24 hours of usage collection.
and the usage data is only collected once the machine has been scanned twice.

the first scan of any machine that is set to collect usage data, turns on the usage plug-in and starts the collection of data.

The second scan will collect the usage data provided it has been 1 day since the first scan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Tmac,

Thank you for your reply. I have verified all the things that you mentioned and everything checked out. However the agents & scanners have not been running for 24hrs i guess. So i will wait till tomorrow and get back to you.
0 Likes
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yep, I had to wait about 24hrs for the utilization data to start showing up.

Thank you for your assistance
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.