Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ED 2.50 - no scan file available, error=-200

Hi all,

I am having some scanner problems with few of my devices. They cannot be retreived. Error message in scan log says:

709.2579.log "Resource unavailable: 'C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Peregrine\Enterprise Discovery\Data/local$.log'" error error=3
709.2579.failure

709.2580.log "No scan file is available." error error=-200

On the ED machine i have checked the local$.log and found this:

Error: can't open file 'C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\Peregrine\Enterprise Discovery\Data\Perf\discusg.cxu' (error 2: le fichier specifie est introuvable.)

Tmac, you mentioned that there could be problems with environmental settings,what exactly did you mean?
0 Likes
5 Replies
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ED 2.50 - no scan file available, error=-200

I tried applying the Scanner patch for ED 2.50 but with no luck...still the same problem.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tmac_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you tried running the scanner manually on the machine?
to verify if it finishes properly

are you able to upgrade from 2.50 to Enterprise Discovery 2.52 or DDMI (Enterprise Discovery)7.50.

there have been several scanner fixes implement for these versions including some issues involving permissions.

this issue doesnt appear to involve the same problem that I mentioned involving the environmental variables.

0 Likes
maze_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After a looot of troubleshooting,I have checked the registry of that machine and found that Peregrine systems didn't exist,even though the agent is installed.So i manualy/locally launched the agent installation, then verified the registry also the path for the scan file did not exist,so i added my self...next thing you know,the scan file was imported and all is well now.

Thanks for all your help.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. DPolen Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I am getting this error as well... a LOT...

I've noticed that the reg entry is missing, the services are running (agent) and usually Agent is NOT in the Add/Remove programs.

I have 2.5 running on Win2k3.

I really don't have the option of manually hitting each machine... is there a way to allow ED/DDMI to force an upgrade as part of its regular duties?

Also, I hear that the leap from 2.5 to 2.52 fixes a lot if issues... how bad is this upgrade? Will I have to totally redeploy scanner and agents, etc?

-------------------------------------------
My father always said to find something you love to do and make that your job. My grandfather always added... "why in the heck would you want to take something you love and RUIN it by making it something you HAVE to do every day.
0 Likes
CAE_75 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi maze
i also facing the same problem of two of the window system..can you let me know how to check the registry..and how to manually add the scan file..
i am working on client side..

pls...reply me...ASAP

Regards
shtrudhan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.