Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Import an exclude list

I'm trying to add a list of excluded IP addresses to our DDMI collectors.  I had thought I could simply export the existing configuration data, add some lines under the "Table Conditions" section with the individual IP addresses that we need to exclude and then re-import the configuration file.  However, will doing this break my existing credentials?  I know the passwords are not exported, but if the passwords are already in the database, and i'm just re-importing to the same database, will re-importing like that cause us to lose them or is it just that if I tried to import the configuration file to a different server I would have to re-enter the passwords?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Import an exclude list

To answer your question about passwords - they will have to be re-entered as the new configuration will replace the existing one (unless you select the option to append - but then you end up with duplicates for the "old" ranges).

I'm not sure I understand why you need to export the entire configuration and add an exclusion list?

If you just want to exclude IPs:

- create a new Device Group with these IPs

- select the appropriate profiles with options disabled (very likely the out of the box "All off" is what you need)

- move the group up in the ranking so this rule hits first and is the one taken into account

Regards,

Brindusa

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.