Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
GoldenRatioRJP Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Moving off of DDMI

I am sad to say the last of my clients who use DDMI have now made the decision to move off of it.  I say "made the decision", but it was really forced on them by DDMI being EOL'd.  I know HP and MF both think folks will just "move to UD".  What I can say is not a single client of mine who use DDMI and were not also using DDMA have chosen to move to UD.  They have now all relectantlly chosen to implement new a new Discovery Tool.  All the folks at HP/MF would have needed to do is make the ZSAI files which are already being created and released for UDI available in the old format DDMI can use.  Without updated ZSAI files though DDMI becomes increasingly senile.  No matter how much a customer who has been using DDMI for 11+ years might like it, when it is blind to Software which has been released in the last two years it stops being viable as a Discovery Tool.

Anyone out there still using DDMI or have a client who is?

Russ

Russell Parker, CITAM, CHAMP, CSAM
President - Golden Ratio, Inc.
Russ.Parker@GoldenRatioInc.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.