Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. MTWalsh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Network Topology

Recently had a new license key issued after an upgrade that for some reason appears to include the network topology license.  This wasn't active under our previous license key.  I put our dev one in, but am hesitant to put our prod ones in without understanding the impact more.

I know that the hardware requirements on the DDMI collectors will go up quite a bit in terms of memory and storage, but what are we looking at on the network side.  Will the network traffic increase....will the increase be significant?  I'm guessing it will, but it's been years since I've dealt with the topology license and I don't know if I ever did any kind of comparison of the network traffic with/without it. 

Anyone have any info around how much additional network traffic would be generated?  Would I be correct to assume it will be a fairly significant amount?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Reply
StrS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Network Topology

hi Michael,

yes beseides the increased hardware requirements; very likely additional increase of network traffic should be expected, too.

There is a knowledge article on the SSO about how much traffic the server would generate under various scenarios.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

@MTWalsh wrote:

Recently had a new license key issued after an upgrade that for some reason appears to include the network topology license.  This wasn't active under our previous license key.  I put our dev one in, but am hesitant to put our prod ones in without understanding the impact more.

I know that the hardware requirements on the DDMI collectors will go up quite a bit in terms of memory and storage, but what are we looking at on the network side.  Will the network traffic increase....will the increase be significant?  I'm guessing it will, but it's been years since I've dealt with the topology license and I don't know if I ever did any kind of comparison of the network traffic with/without it. 

Anyone have any info around how much additional network traffic would be generated?  Would I be correct to assume it will be a fairly significant amount?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.