Wojtukiewicz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No confirmation from deployed agent, scans are not coming to the server

With HP DDMI 7.6 agents are automatically deployed but there seems to be no confirmation of successful deployment, as number of devices with agent does not increase. When I select device and do "Agent Ping" then after successful communication with agent it is to devices with agent list.
Scans are configured but are not getting to ddmi server (I do not think that they are deployed either).
I installed HPP_HPED_00380 patch but that did not change anything.

After the server installation the server IP has been changed (initial address was from DHCP pool), active discovery was initiated after the change and this goes OK. Can this be the root cause of this problem with agents?

Any hint would be appreciated 🙂
0 Likes
1 Reply
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No confirmation from deployed agent, scans are not coming to the server

Hi,

DDMI is optimized for large scale deployments and to spread load over time.

If you're trying a test implementation and want things to happen right away, you will get a bit annoyed.

Couple of suggestions:

1) check your configuration to make sure you have automatic agent and scanner deployment active.

2) do as you have done and make sure it works on a few devices so you know you have the configuration right and then leave things alone for a few hours (overnight).

3) If less than v 7.60, after changing discovery configuration, restart the DDMI server. Starting in DDMI 7.60, it should automatically re-try anything pending on "activate changes".

Maybe someone else has some thoughts...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.