Absent Member.. Student2912 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Query on data collected by DDMi 9.31

Hi,

We are using DDMi 9.31

I had a query on the data collected by DDMi.

Please can you let me know if DDMi can collect the data for database instances and the database per instance details on the server.

If yes, please can you let me know if it requires a special setting to be done in the scanner.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes
3 Replies
Steven R Lee
New Member.

Re: Query on data collected by DDMi 9.31

By Default DDMI does not collect this data. If you needed this you should be able to create something from DDMI. With MSSQL you can generally find this data in the registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstalledInstances

For other databases there should be a command that can be run that shows the database names. In the case of Oracle I have found that this command was useful in displaying the information.

cat /etc/oratab | sed /^#/d | awk -F: '{print $1}'

In MSSQL you could use a registry extraction to pull out the data in the Asset Data information of the scan file and use this with the device information. In Oracle’s case a post script was used to extract the information and display it in the Asset Custom data field of the scan file.

For other database instance names you need to find a command or information on the device that you can use to extract from. Using pre and post scripting to produce the information is the best way to get DDMI to do the job.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Student2912 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply.

I created a new field in the Asset data tab of the scanner with the following details:

Captions - DB_INSTANCE
Field  - Automatic 10
Max width - 255
Field Data Type - Select "Registry Extract"
Field Parameters - Click on Change. Enter in the prompt "3264:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\InstalledInstances"

The scanner executed fine on the device and retrieved the database instance name.

But under the registry path which we have set, there were 9 database instances present but the scanner retrieved only the first value in the "DB_INSTANCE" field.

Please can anybody help in getting all these instance values.

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes
Absent Member.. prs80 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Me too having the same issue. How to discover the number of DB Instances and number of databases per instance via DDMi 9.30.

The Registry extract giving only one instance and NO databases.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Ponraj.S

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.