Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Fazlur Absent Member..
Absent Member..

SAN and Storage devices

Dear All,

Would you please let me know how much information DDMi can gather from the SAN or storage devices. Any feedback from experience will be great.

Which vendors are supported? Is there any documents? I know I can find some information from the DK but I am looking for a consolidated view.

is it scanner based or SNMP?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Shilei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SAN and Storage devices

Hello Fazlur,

I just noticed your query now.

We have no a list for what device model could be discovered by DDMi, as you know ,  customer has many different device type in their environment or new device model released. It’s not possible to list them. 

We just update the DK *.pdf which shows added devices in the latest DK.

DDMi could collect device information by SNMP managed or scanned. if you have the SNMP agent installed as well, it will collect the information from SNMP in DDMi . if you run scanner on the host which storage is attached into , DDMi will collect limited information    for  the Storage. As DDMI we do not support these interfaces at this time so that the data will be collected by the scanner, even if it does it will be very limited data. So it's hard to get full storage data.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.