Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Tooling Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade DDMI 7.51 to 7.60

Jump to solution
Hi all,

A very simple question:

Is there a upgrade path for DDMI 7.51 to 7.60?
I now have downloaded the full iso cd of version 7.60 but when I run the installation it seems not to detect the version 7.51 already installed...

Did anyone of you apply this upgrade already?
Or is there a separate upgrade version?

Thanks for your help!

Perry.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade DDMI 7.51 to 7.60

Jump to solution
Hi,

You should un-install 7.51 then install 7.60. The startup sequence for 7.60 will automatically migrate any of your data.

There is only one version of 7.60. Upgrading from the ISO is fine.

I don't know what you mean by "didn't detect".

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

You should un-install 7.51 then install 7.60. The startup sequence for 7.60 will automatically migrate any of your data.

There is only one version of 7.60. Upgrading from the ISO is fine.

I don't know what you mean by "didn't detect".

View solution in original post

Absent Member.. Jon Maehler Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hello,

Where can I download 7.6? I currently am on version 2.52 and I can find the download to v7.51 but not 7.6.

Here is what I found for v7.51 from the SSO: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/FID/DOCUMENTUM_HPED_00269

But can you share the link to v7.6?

I have also tried going to the software update manager as well with no luck, is this where you found your ISO?
0 Likes
Arunan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Jon,
HP moved to SUM this month. Here's the link http://www13.itrc.hp.com/service/sum/home.do

You'd have to sign in with the account with SAID tied to it. I understand you specified that you already tried it, make sure you are using IE. I was unable to download using Firefox, had to switch to IE for a successful download of the 7.60 ISO.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
THe DDMI team posts the x.x0 releases to SUM and the updates to that to SSO portal.

7.60 is on SUM
7.61 (assuming they have one) will be on SSO portal
0 Likes
Tooling Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your helpful info.
To be sure I will first setup a test environment to experiment before trying to upgrade our production DDMI.

Normally upgrade products detect an earlier version of the same product at setup, asking "product xxx found, do you want to upgrade?". Starting the DDMI 7.60 didn't mention any existing version, that's what confused me.

Cheers,

Perry.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.