Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
StuffedBuffalo Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

What fields in the database can possibly store the host name?

So far I have Device_PreferredDNSName and hwIPHostName. What other fields can possibly end up populated with the host name?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What fields in the database can possibly store the host name?

It's a little different for each of the Operating Systems... I dont have a formulated list... but some other ones are:
hwAssetData -> Machine Make (Dont know why)

Various stuff under Network Data ...

-> Network Names

-> TCP/IP Data

-> Network cards data (though avoid using this when possible as the multiple cards per machine make the query tricky)

~Jeff

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

There is Device_NetBIOS field in Device table (stores the NetBIOS name for the Device), for Windows only there is hwLocalMachineID in hwNetworkNames table.

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'
0 Likes
Tmac_2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Jeff 

have a look at the first part of this query I pasted below

SELECT distinct

case

when hwNetworkTcpip.hwIPHostName is not null

then ltrim(substr(hwNetworkTcpip.hwIPHostName,1,128))

when Device.Device_Name is not null

then ltrim(substr(Device.Device_Name,1,128))

when Device.Device_Label is not null

then ltrim(substr(Device.Device_Label,1,128))

end as NAME,

I typically use a sequence field in the scanner to seperate the host name out 

usually its a asset data user field 

I use field 4 and I usually choose

tcpip host name 

localmachine id

amd computername

you should notice that the name field is a good representation of what the names should look like.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.