Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

device not in ip address range

I'm new to DDMi and completed setup and configuration. agent/scanner returned only the DDMi server. when I checked the filter, found several of the devices w/in the ip range that I setup.

I verified the ip range which was correct but I don't understand why these were filter out and not showing up in the mapping.
They are w/in the range.

Any help or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: device not in ip address range

Gail,

I would suggest checking the Device Manager > Diagnosis Panel to see which Configuration Profiles are actually used.

The ranges (device groups) you configure have a ranking, so it is possible you actually not having the group you assume you are having.

When you add a new group, it is added at the bottom of the priority list and you have to manually move it up.

If this is not the problem, we need to look further.

Regards,
Brindusa
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gail D Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried all but still not working. The filter states "ARP table".

DDMi is on a test environment.

I am not sure how to clear the ARP cache.

Thanks,
0 Likes
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So for testing purposes... you should probably have 2 Device Groups set up:

1) EVERY IP... 0.0.0.0 -> 255.255.255.255 . Every configuration profile should be turned 'off'

2) A small # of IP addresses and/or ranges -> You should probably set everything to HP's 'default'

Group #2 should be 'ranked' as Rank#1 and moved up above Group #1... Group 1 should be Rank#2.

Apply your changes (Activate)

Are you trying to test out your ARP table reads?

The only other thing I can think of is that you are trying to test on devices with multiple IP addresses, in which case, you would need to make sure ALL their IP addresses exist in your test device group

~Jeff
0 Likes
Steven R Lee
New Member.

I don't know why you would configure a global range and then turn it off.

You say that you're devices filtered state is ARP Table. Do you see this information in your Deactivated Device List?

You also say that you have configured you're own group, obviously there is some configuration profiles that need to be applied to the device group. Have you created Configuration Profiles? The DDMI Server will scan itself regardless of the device groups. It's a default to scan the DDMI Server with a restart of the server. So that be why you only see the DDMI Server.

Just a hunch and much to do with the priority that some are talking about. The device group that you created did you create a new one? If so do you still see in your list of device groups with names like "Default Server Gateway IP and Default Server Subnet Range" If so this could be part of the problem.

You should also open up a ticket and get some direct support. I don't think we are going to be able to solve this using the forum. Needs some investigation.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Gail,

For the exception report, you should look at the "Reason" column, not the "Method" column.
The "Method" column just tells you what is the source of the data last time the device model got updated.

In summary the "Arp table" info is not relevant to our issue.

Regards,
Brindusa
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.