Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Syed Amjid Ali Absent Member..
Absent Member..

does DDMI save devices history data ?

Jump to solution
hi experts,
i am new to DDMI and want to know that does DDMI maintains device change history in it.
like if one device RAM changed from 1GB to 2GB DDMI will show the new memory size after scanning but will there be the previous value of RAM in DDMI, if yes thn how can i check its previous values.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MartinP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: does DDMI save devices history data ?

Jump to solution
Unfortunately, after scanning DDMI overwrites old data. So you can't check the previous state of device.

Rgds,
MartinP.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MartinP Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Unfortunately, after scanning DDMI overwrites old data. So you can't check the previous state of device.

Rgds,
MartinP.

View solution in original post

Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Martin is correct...

The only way you might be able to pull something like that off is if you did a database copy and did comparisons on data. Or something with a connect-it scenario to a log file.

Either way there isn't something 'out of the box' that would tell you this, but there are ways of getting the data you need.

~Jeff
Highlighted
Matthew Darwin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Same answer as my last question.... you could integrate with Asset Manager which has the option to "historize" fields you're interested in and then take action based on the scope of the change.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi All,
Thanks for your response.

I would like to know if all the data is saved in flat files than what is the purpose of MYSQL.

Can we use MySql to store these files?
0 Likes
Jeff Sikorski Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but you can do a 'dump' of the mySQL database.

"C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\DDMI\7.61\Services\bin\mysqldump" --host=***** --port=8108 --user=***** --password=***** --databases Aggregate --skip-lock-tables > "C:\MySQL_Dump\aggregate_copy.sql"

After you do the dump, you now have a SQL file that you can do as you wish, import somewhere else / etc.

If you did that every Monday, you would be able to compare one database to another.

The problem with not using a connect-it scenario is that you'd have to write some pretty custom queries. There are tables/fields EVERYWHERE, it's a pretty big database.

~Jeff
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
jeff,
i appriciate your help. can I have a document relevant to this.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.