Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
fp_idmworks
New Member.

3.5 -- LDAP fulfillment / SDK toolkit

I don't see any documentation on the LDAP Fulfillment target. Is this target and the AD LDAP target only meant to be used with the sdk?

My hope is to populate an attribute value to the Identity Vault via LDAP on the user the action is taken on with enough information to indicate what permission is being revoked. And then to trigger an IDM Driver logic currently in place that excludes users from a dynamic group as well as remove roles / resources.
Sailpoint was writing out a custom attribute to LDAP and customer is moving to Identity Governance.

When I look at the sdk-server.yml file, I see a rootPath: /api. Is this /api path how the cx framework connects into Identity Governance with custom development with it? Do you need to have the sdk installed to use the cx framework? see: https://github.com/MicroFocus/CX/tree/master/ig-overview

I don't find any documentation on the sdk install / configuration. I haven't tried it yet, but I am assuming you would configure it on a seperate server. Any pointers on setting up an example project with the sdk? I have done some initial look at the angular cx architecture with modifying an example application here or there, but I am not sure how I would use the SDK to take information on a fulfillment to send to another system. (sorry for the newb developer question) ... If I have to go down the sdk route, I thing it would make more sense to use REST calls get fulfillment items and then post the status when completed. I would much rather not have to build my own rest interface or use the rest driver to pull fulfillment data if the LDAP fulfillment target can write out data that we can then build logic around that would be indipendent on any api changes, etc.

thanks,
Fred
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: 3.5 -- LDAP fulfillment / SDK toolkit

On 4/1/19 4:24 PM, fp IDMWORKS wrote:
>
> I don't see any documentation on the LDAP Fulfillment target. Is this
> target and the AD LDAP target only meant to be used with the sdk?
>
> My hope is to populate an attribute value to the Identity Vault via LDAP
> on the user the action is taken on with enough information to indicate
> what permission is being revoked. And then to trigger an IDM Driver
> logic currently in place that excludes users from a dynamic group as
> well as remove roles / resources.
> Sailpoint was writing out a custom attribute to LDAP and customer is
> moving to Identity Governance.
>
>
> When I look at the sdk-server.yml file, I see a rootPath: /api. Is this
> /api path how the cx framework connects into Identity Governance with
> custom development with it? Do you need to have the sdk installed to use
> the cx framework? see:
> https://github.com/MicroFocus/CX/tree/master/ig-overview
>
> I don't find any documentation on the sdk install / configuration. I
> haven't tried it yet, but I am assuming you would configure it on a
> seperate server. Any pointers on setting up an example project with the
> sdk? I have done some initial look at the angular cx architecture with
> modifying an example application here or there, but I am not sure how I
> would use the SDK to take information on a fulfillment to send to
> another system. (sorry for the newb developer question).
>
> thanks,
> Fred
>
>

Greetings Fred,

/api is the main REST api war for ID Gov. You will see that in the REST
documentation. If you look in the localhost_access file you would also
see that as well.

The SDK has two (2) parts.
#1 will create the main stubs. After that, you will have to write the
Java code for the actual work.

#2 is a test server to run it

For the above we provide it for the Mac, Windows, and Linux.

In the end, you will build a custom jar that will be added to the ID Gov
environment.

Overall, this is not related to the "cx" framework.
--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
fp_idmworks
New Member.

Re: 3.5 -- LDAP fulfillment / SDK toolkit

Thanks Steve!

Any feedback on the LDAP Fulfillment target? Any example use cases or sample config of using this fulfillment target?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.