Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1183 views

Access review and OSP configuration


Hi

I have configured the Access Review before in a test environment to
integrate with the OSP deployed with IDM.

Now in the Dev environment, I am doing the same thing. But when I change
the contents of the Access Review SSO tab by running the
configupdate.bat it does not save the settings. I have copied the
uaconfig-ar-defs.xml file to the conf directory and the tab shows up. It
is just a matter of saving the file.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Rohit


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration

On 09/08/2015 11:24 AM, rohit pandey wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have configured the Access Review before in a test environment to
> integrate with the OSP deployed with IDM.
>
> Now in the Dev environment, I am doing the same thing. But when I change
> the contents of the Access Review SSO tab by running the
> configupdate.bat it does not save the settings. I have copied the
> uaconfig-ar-defs.xml file to the conf directory and the tab shows up. It
> is just a matter of saving the file.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit
>
>

Greeting Rohit,
Are you receiving an error in the terminal that you launched
configupdate from?

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration


I did not notice an error. But any idea where the problem could be ?
Rights issue? I was running the configupdate.sh as Administrator.

-Rohit


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration


Okay so I ran this today and I do see a warning "06:43:15,466 WARN
[LdapConfig] [CFG] User interface definition file not found:
C:\NetIQ\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\uaconfig-iac-defs.xml"

But I compared this with the other environment and I don't see any file
of this kind in that location.


Regards,
Rohit


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration


rohit_pandey;260733 Wrote:
> Okay so I ran this today and I do see a warning "06:43:15,466 WARN
> [LdapConfig] [CFG] User interface definition file not found:
> C:\NetIQ\idm\apps\tomcat\conf\uaconfig-iac-defs.xml"
>
> But I compared this with the other environment and I don't see any file
> of this kind in that location.
>
> Regards,
> Rohit



Correction here. So that error was because of the wrong file name
specified. I fixed that. But even after that, it does not save the
changes that I save to the Access Review SSO configuration. All of the
values show up as blank after saving.
-Rohit


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration


Actually I tried to see if I could save any configuration from the
configupdate.bat and I can't. Even IDM configurations are not working
and I have the following error(something related to the SSL):

08:29:32,817 DEBUG [PropertiesConfiguration] Base path set to
file:///C:/NetIQ/
dm/apps/tomcat/conf/ism-configuration.properties
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\NetIQ\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts (Acce
s is denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at
com.netiq.internal.installer.idm.ldap.connector.LdapConnector$MyTrus
Manager.checkServerTrusted(LdapConnector.java:1051)
at
sun.security.ssl.AbstractTrustManagerWrapper.checkServerTrusted(Unkn
wn Source)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown
Source)
at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown
Source)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
at
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Sourc
)


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration

On 09/14/2015 08:34 AM, rohit pandey wrote:
>
> Actually I tried to see if I could save any configuration from the
> configupdate.bat and I can't. Even IDM configurations are not working
> and I have the following error(something related to the SSL):
>
> 08:29:32,817 DEBUG [PropertiesConfiguration] Base path set to
> file:///C:/NetIQ/
> dm/apps/tomcat/conf/ism-configuration.properties
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> C:\NetIQ\idm\apps\jre\lib\security\cacerts (Acce
> s is denied)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
> at
> com.netiq.internal.installer.idm.ldap.connector.LdapConnector$MyTrus
> Manager.checkServerTrusted(LdapConnector.java:1051)
> at
> sun.security.ssl.AbstractTrustManagerWrapper.checkServerTrusted(Unkn
> wn Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown
> Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown
> Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
> at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
> at
> sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Sourc
> )
>
>

Greetings Rohit,
This kind of error happens because:

1) The user who is running configupdate does not permission to the cacerts

2) The password supplied for the cacerts file is incorrect

3) The cacerts file is not actually at the location specified

--

Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Access review and OSP configuration


Hi Steve,
Thanks. My User ID had local admin access but I had to specifically add
it to the folders and subfolders with read-write access.
It works now. Thanks!


--
rohit_pandey
------------------------------------------------------------------------
rohit_pandey's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=9842
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=54253

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.