Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
618 views

Application source IDM, import nrfRoleCategoryKey

Hello,

AR v1.5.

When importing roles from IDM using the application source IDM
collector, can we import the attribute nrfRoleCategoryKey from the roles?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Application source IDM, import nrfRoleCategoryKey

On 3/9/16 11:10 AM, alekz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> AR v1.5.
>
> When importing roles from IDM using the application source IDM
> collector, can we import the attribute nrfRoleCategoryKey from the roles?
>
> Thanks
>

Greetings,
Currently (as of Access Review 1.5) the IDM Permissions collector
does not collect the Category attribute of a Role or a Resource. We are
looking into that. I have an Enhancement open against the produce to
add it.



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Application source IDM, import nrfRoleCategoryKey

Good to know 🙂

One can add custom attributes to the permissions, I'm wondering how
those are populated? In the case of the IDM collector, does it entail
just changing the collector or is it more work than that?

Also, can I filter the roles based on the role subcontainer?
For example we generate thousands of roles automatically based on HR
data and those roles are in their own subcontainer under
RoleDefs\Level10\Auto, maybe it would be nice to not import them or hide
them when looking at Permissions.

Or if I want to start a review for all roles in the "Finance"
subcontainer I could just filter on that.

Anyway I haven't explored AR 1.5 that much yet, maybe there are ways to
solve those things already.

On 2016-03-09 18:34, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 3/9/16 11:10 AM, alekz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> AR v1.5.
>>
>> When importing roles from IDM using the application source IDM
>> collector, can we import the attribute nrfRoleCategoryKey from the roles?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Greetings,
> Currently (as of Access Review 1.5) the IDM Permissions collector
> does not collect the Category attribute of a Role or a Resource. We are
> looking into that. I have an Enhancement open against the produce to
> add it.
>
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Application source IDM, import nrfRoleCategoryKey

On 3/9/16 1:42 PM, alekz wrote:
> Good to know 🙂
>
> One can add custom attributes to the permissions, I'm wondering how
> those are populated? In the case of the IDM collector, does it entail
> just changing the collector or is it more work than that?
>
> Also, can I filter the roles based on the role subcontainer?
> For example we generate thousands of roles automatically based on HR
> data and those roles are in their own subcontainer under
> RoleDefs\Level10\Auto, maybe it would be nice to not import them or hide
> them when looking at Permissions.
>
> Or if I want to start a review for all roles in the "Finance"
> subcontainer I could just filter on that.
>
> Anyway I haven't explored AR 1.5 that much yet, maybe there are ways to
> solve those things already.
>
> On 2016-03-09 18:34, Steven Williams wrote:
>> On 3/9/16 11:10 AM, alekz wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> AR v1.5.
>>>
>>> When importing roles from IDM using the application source IDM
>>> collector, can we import the attribute nrfRoleCategoryKey from the roles?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Greetings,
>> Currently (as of Access Review 1.5) the IDM Permissions collector
>> does not collect the Category attribute of a Role or a Resource. We are
>> looking into that. I have an Enhancement open against the produce to
>> add it.
>>
>>
>>

Greetings,
The IDM Permissions collector is not like the other collectors. It
was created to specifically under Roles and Resources and to get
specific attributes.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
Micro Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.