Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

IG 3.0 - Permissiones required for SAP Account collector

Hello everyone.

I am working with a customer here in Colombia, and they have IG 3.0 installed with a SAP Accounts collector.

For the continuous collection process, they use an "admin" acccount with some big privileges, and they are asking if there is any detailed documentation about what specific permissions are required from the SAP-side. I have been looking for it in the documentation but there are no answers.

Any suggestion or comment will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andres Gutierrez
Security Consultant
Professional Services
Micro Focus HLA
0 Likes
1 Reply
msira Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: IG 3.0 - Permissiones required for SAP Account collector

I sort of asked the same here: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/510993-Collecting-from-SAP but I got no response.

There are in the SAP documentation notes on how to create an account with privileges for a JCO RFC connection. If I recall correctly there is a built-in account which you could use or, even better, create a different system account and copy the roles from the built-in account to this new user.

I would link you to the official SAP documentation but I no longer have access to it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.