Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
1230 views

IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

Hi!

Trying to install IG 3.5 in my lab environment, but I cannot get it to work.

Tomcat 9.0.13
JRE Azul Zulu 8.33.0.1 - jdk 8.0.192
IG 3.5
Postgres 11.1-1

First error in catalina log file is:
[SEVERE] 2018-12-31 10:41:22 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.netiq.iac.server.j2ee.ArcServerInitListener] 
java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationException
at com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationFactory.java:73)
at com.netiq.iac.common.j2ee.IacBaseInitListener.contextInitialized(IacBaseInitListener.java:87)
at com.netiq.iac.server.j2ee.ArcServerInitListener.contextInitialized(ArcServerInitListener.java:130)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4663)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5131)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:713)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:695)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:978)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1850)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:773)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:427)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1577)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:309)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:424)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:367)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:934)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:831)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1382)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1372)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:907)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:262)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:423)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:933)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:637)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:350)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:492)
Caused by: com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationException
at com.netiq.ism.config.provider.PropertiesConfiguationProvider.get(PropertiesConfiguationProvider.java:133)
at com.netiq.ism.config.impl.ConfigurationImpl.addConfiguration(ConfigurationImpl.java:592)
at com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationFactory.java:57)
... 43 more

[SEVERE] 2018-12-31 10:41:22 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal - One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file


Catalina log file: https://pastebin.com/diYvLbUA

Only two files in C:\netiq\idm\apps\idgov\logs has an exit code other than 0:
liquidbase-arc-log.txt - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//6173118
liquidbase-ops-log.txt - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//86676973

I must be missing some essential step somewhere.

Thank you and happy new year!

Best regards
Marcus
0 Likes
11 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 12/31/18 5:04 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> Trying to install IG 3.5 in my lab environment, but I cannot get it to
> work.
>
> Tomcat 9.0.13
> JRE Azul Zulu 8.33.0.1 - jdk 8.0.192
> IG 3.5
> Postgres 11.1-1
>
> First error in catalina log file is:
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> [SEVERE] 2018-12-31 10:41:22 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class [com.netiq.iac.server.j2ee.ArcServerInitListener]
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationException
> at com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationFactory.java:73)
> at com.netiq.iac.common.j2ee.IacBaseInitListener.contextInitialized(IacBaseInitListener.java:87)
> at com.netiq.iac.server.j2ee.ArcServerInitListener.contextInitialized(ArcServerInitListener.java:130)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4663)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5131)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:713)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:690)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:695)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:978)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1850)
> at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
> at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:112)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:773)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:427)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1577)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:309)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:123)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:424)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setState(LifecycleBase.java:367)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:934)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.startInternal(StandardHost.java:831)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1382)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1372)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
> at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.InlineExecutorService.execute(InlineExecutorService.java:75)
> at java.util.concurrent.AbstractExecutorService.submit(AbstractExecutorService.java:134)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:907)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:262)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal(StandardService.java:423)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.startInternal(StandardServer.java:933)
> at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:183)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:637)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:350)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:492)
> Caused by: com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationException
> at com.netiq.ism.config.provider.PropertiesConfiguationProvider.get(PropertiesConfiguationProvider.java:133)
> at com.netiq.ism.config.impl.ConfigurationImpl.addConfiguration(ConfigurationImpl.java:592)
> at com.netiq.ism.config.ConfigurationFactory.<clinit>(ConfigurationFactory.java:57)
> ... 43 more
>
> [SEVERE] 2018-12-31 10:41:22 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal - One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
>
> --------------------
>
>
> Catalina log file: https://pastebin.com/diYvLbUA
>
> Only two files in C:\netiq\idm\apps\idgov\logs has an exit code other
> than 0:
> liquidbase-arc-log.txt - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//6173118
> liquidbase-ops-log.txt - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//86676973
>
> I must be missing some essential step somewhere.
>
> Thank you and happy new year!
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings,

1) We do not support PostgreSQL 11.x. We only support version 10.x.
Starting with version 10.5. Please be aware that version 10.5 is the
Certified version.



2) The version of Tocmat 9.0.13 is not the certified version. The
certified version is 9.0.12. With that, I would not use version 9.0.13
because there is a bug with it related "too many open files".

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53530273/tomcat-too-many-files-open-tomcat-users-xml

This was caused by a bug in Tomcat 9.0.13
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=62924

I would strongly recommend that you go back to version 9.0.12, which is
the Certified version.


3) The version of the Azul JRE you are using 1.8.0.192 is not the
Certified version. I do not believe your current issue is related to
this version of the 1.8.0 OpenJDK, but it is something to be aware of.

All of the Required versions are outlined in the System Requirements.


4) Did you have Tomcat running at the time of the Install? The start-up
and the parameters listed would indicate that Tomcat was already running
when the ID Gov installer add the files to the webapps directory. There
are a number of ID Gov parameters missing in the start-up as well as the
heap settings are not correct.

*NOTE: If you were trying to use HTTPS from the beginning, the installer
does outline to have Tomcat running until you get to the Summary screen
then you have to stop Tomcat.

I would recommend reviewing the setenv.bat file in the tomcat/bin directory.



5) I can see in the two (2) db creates there are errors. The failure is
related to syntax:

"
Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: FEL: syntaxfel vid
eller nära "groups"
"

5.a) During the install of ID Gov, did you select "Update" or "Existing"
when the question was presented regarding the Database? The actions we
take in the database are determined based upon the these settings.

5.b) Since you are using PostgreSQL 11.x and not the required 10.x I
would strongly recommend that you roll your VM back and start again with
the correct version of PostgreSQL.





--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

Hi Steven!

First off, I am glad you are trying to assist in resolving this.

I have uninstalled everything and deleted the whole /netiq/idm/apps structure to start clean.

I have tried to find information regarding the certified versions of each subcomponent, but I am not able to find this in the documentation. What I find in multiple places is minimum version requirements. In my mind, it means that I should be able to run later non-major releases, i.e. Tomcat 9.0.x, PostgreSQL 10.x and Open JDK JRE 8.x. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

1) My bad, I missed this one. I have installed version 10.5 now.

2) I have installed Tomcat 9.0.12 in my new attempt at this.

3) I have installed Zulu JRE 8u181 in my new attempt at this.

4) Yes, I missed this part of the instructions. Tomcat was configured for https so I did keep it running, and I missed that it should have been stopped at the summary screen. But in my new attempt, I thought I'd just keep it simple with http to see if I can make that work. Ie tomcat was stopped during OSP and IDGov installation processes this time.

5) These DB errors are no longer present after running PostgreSQL 10.5.

5a) Existing

5b) Yes, good idea - its done.

Current status is unfortunatly the same error. It does not seem that the parameters from setenv.bat is being used by tomcat? I am running tomcat as a Windows service.

catalina.date.log - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//85322455
setenv.bat - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//51561699

Best regards
Marcus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 1/3/19 7:16 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi Steven!
>
> First off, I am glad you are trying to assist in resolving this.
>
> I have uninstalled everything and deleted the whole /netiq/idm/apps
> structure to start clean.
>
> I have tried to find information regarding the certified versions of
> each subcomponent, but I am not able to find this in the documentation.
> What I find in multiple places is minimum version requirements. In my
> mind, it means that I should be able to run later non-major releases,
> i.e. Tomcat 9.0.x, PostgreSQL 10.x and Open JDK JRE 8.x. Please let me
> know if this is incorrect.
>
> 1) My bad, I missed this one. I have installed version 10.5 now.
>
> 2) I have installed Tomcat 9.0.12 in my new attempt at this.
>
> 3) I have installed Zulu JRE 8u181 in my new attempt at this.
>
> 4) Yes, I missed this part of the instructions. Tomcat was configured
> for https so I did keep it running, and I missed that it should have
> been stopped at the summary screen. But in my new attempt, I thought I'd
> just keep it simple with http to see if I can make that work. Ie tomcat
> was stopped during OSP and IDGov installation processes this time.
>
> 5) These DB errors are no longer present after running PostgreSQL 10.5.
>
>
> 5a) Existing
>
> 5b) Yes, good idea - its done.
>
> Current status is unfortunatly the same error. It does not seem that the
> parameters from setenv.bat is being used by tomcat? I am running tomcat
> as a Windows service.
>
> catalina.date.log - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//85322455
> setenv.bat - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//51561699
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings,
If one uses "Existing" then is is require that the DBA creates all
of the necessary databases/schemas, users/logins, and assigns all of the
required rights/permissions before installing as outlined in the
documentation. The installer will not create all that is necessary
within the Database Server in this case because it is required that the
DBA did the necessary.

If you have installed PostgreSQL, MS SQL, or Oracle and want the ID
Gov Install (for ID Gov or ID Reporting) to create all of the necessary
either during a fresh install or an upgrade then you select "Update" and
the installer will create the necessary.

This difference between the two modes of installing against the
database server has been this way for many releases and has been covered
a number of times in the forums and is covered in the documentation.


For Example:

"
existing, if your database is already set up correctly with all schemas,
roles, and users
"



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 1/3/19 7:37 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 1/3/19 7:16 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steven!
>>
>> First off, I am glad you are trying to assist in resolving this.
>>
>> I have uninstalled everything and deleted the whole /netiq/idm/apps
>> structure to start clean.
>>
>> I have tried to find information regarding the certified versions of
>> each subcomponent, but I am not able to find this in the documentation.
>> What I find in multiple places is minimum version requirements. In my
>> mind, it means that I should be able to run later non-major releases,
>> i.e. Tomcat 9.0.x, PostgreSQL 10.x and Open JDK JRE 8.x. Please let me
>> know if this is incorrect.
>>
>> 1) My bad, I missed this one. I have installed version 10.5 now.
>>
>> 2) I have installed Tomcat 9.0.12 in my new attempt at this.
>>
>> 3)  I have installed Zulu JRE 8u181 in my new attempt at this.
>>
>> 4) Yes, I missed this part of the instructions. Tomcat was configured
>> for https so I did keep it running, and I missed that it should have
>> been stopped at the summary screen. But in my new attempt, I thought I'd
>> just keep it simple with http to see if I can make that work. Ie tomcat
>> was stopped during OSP and IDGov installation processes this time.
>>
>> 5) These DB errors are no longer present after running PostgreSQL 10.5.
>>
>>
>> 5a) Existing
>>
>> 5b) Yes, good idea - its done.
>>
>> Current status is unfortunatly the same error. It does not seem that the
>> parameters from setenv.bat is being used by tomcat? I am running tomcat
>> as a Windows service.
>>
>> catalina.date.log - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//85322455
>> setenv.bat - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//51561699
>>
>> Best regards
>> Marcus
>>
>>

> Greetings,
>    If one uses "Existing" then is is require that the DBA creates all
> of the necessary databases/schemas, users/logins, and assigns all of the
> required rights/permissions before installing as outlined in the
> documentation.  The installer will not create all that is necessary
> within the Database Server in this case because it is required that the
> DBA did the necessary.
>
>    If you have installed PostgreSQL, MS SQL, or Oracle and want the ID
> Gov Install (for ID Gov or ID Reporting) to create all of the necessary
> either during a fresh install or an upgrade then you select "Update" and
> the installer will create the necessary.
>
>   This difference between the two modes of installing against the
> database server has been this way for many releases and has been covered
> a number of times in the forums and is covered in the documentation.
>
>
> For Example:
>
> "
> existing, if your database is already set up correctly with all schemas,
> roles, and users
> "
>
>
>

Greetings,

What happens when you use the normal start file in the tomcat/bin
directory to start Tomcat instead of the Windows Service you created?

Depending upon how the Windows service was created it may not be
calling to the catalina.bat which then uses the setenv.bat file. If you
can not change what the service calls to, then it will be necessary to
modify the parameters of the service to include those from the setenv.bat.



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

Hi.

Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference and it is working.

As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.

Best regards
Marcus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 1/3/19 8:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference and
> it is working.
>
> As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings,
On Windows I used the following the file:
apache-tomcat-9.0.12-windows-x64.zip


--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 1/3/19 8:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference and
> it is working.
>
> As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings Marcus,
You should be able to just use the startup.bat file that is in the
tomcat/bin directory to start. Then use the shutdown.bat file to stop it.



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

stevewdj;2493123 wrote:
On 1/3/19 8:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference and
> it is working.
>
> As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings Marcus,
You should be able to just use the startup.bat file that is in the
tomcat/bin directory to start. Then use the shutdown.bat file to stop it.



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus


Hi Steven.

Yes, this also works (startup.bat / shutdown.bat). However I would like to run it as a Windows service, and as far as I can tell from Googleing I cannot enforce setenv.bat when running Tomcat as a Windows Service (at least not using service.bat that is included in Tomcat).

So instead I set the same options that was in setenv.bat using tomcat9w.exe (Java tab, Java Options) in the tomcat bin directory after installing the service ("service.bat install" in tomcat/bin). This works fine, but I am worried that it will be overlooked or forgotten in future updates of IG that would change things in setenv.bat.

Best regards
Marcus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

On 1/4/19 7:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> stevewdj;2493123 Wrote:
>> On 1/3/19 8:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference

>> and
>>> it is working.
>>>
>>> As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Marcus
>>>
>>>

>> Greetings Marcus,
>> You should be able to just use the startup.bat file that is in the
>> tomcat/bin directory to start. Then use the shutdown.bat file to stop
>> it.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven Williams
>> Principal Enterprise Architect
>> Micro Focus

>
> Hi Steven.
>
> Yes, this also works (startup.bat / shutdown.bat). However I would like
> to run it as a Windows service, and as far as I can tell from Googleing
> I cannot enforce setenv.bat when running Tomcat as a Windows Service (at
> least not using service.bat that is included in Tomcat).
>
> So instead I set the same options that was in setenv.bat using
> tomcat9w.exe (Java tab, Java Options) in the tomcat bin directory after
> installing the service ("service.bat install" in tomcat/bin). This works
> fine, but I am worried that it will be overlooked or forgotten in future
> updates of IG that would change things in setenv.bat.
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings Marcus,
I am very close to releasing the "Helper" install scripts for
Windows and Linux (they are referenced in the Installation Guide). The
one for Windows will create a Service that will utilize the setenv.bat.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

stevewdj;2493163 wrote:
On 1/4/19 7:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> stevewdj;2493123 Wrote:
>> On 1/3/19 8:34 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Starting with "catalina.bat start" instead made the whole difference

>> and
>>> it is working.
>>>
>>> As a tomcat noob I have to figure out how to do this as a service.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Marcus
>>>
>>>

>> Greetings Marcus,
>> You should be able to just use the startup.bat file that is in the
>> tomcat/bin directory to start. Then use the shutdown.bat file to stop
>> it.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sincerely,
>> Steven Williams
>> Principal Enterprise Architect
>> Micro Focus

>
> Hi Steven.
>
> Yes, this also works (startup.bat / shutdown.bat). However I would like
> to run it as a Windows service, and as far as I can tell from Googleing
> I cannot enforce setenv.bat when running Tomcat as a Windows Service (at
> least not using service.bat that is included in Tomcat).
>
> So instead I set the same options that was in setenv.bat using
> tomcat9w.exe (Java tab, Java Options) in the tomcat bin directory after
> installing the service ("service.bat install" in tomcat/bin). This works
> fine, but I am worried that it will be overlooked or forgotten in future
> updates of IG that would change things in setenv.bat.
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings Marcus,
I am very close to releasing the "Helper" install scripts for
Windows and Linux (they are referenced in the Installation Guide). The
one for Windows will create a Service that will utilize the setenv.bat.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus


Hi Steven.

Perfect. Looking forward to testing it.

Best Regards
Marcus
0 Likes
Marcus Tornberg Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IG 3.5 Install - java.lang.IllegalStateException

stevewdj;2493106 wrote:
On 1/3/19 7:16 AM, marcus jonsson wrote:
>
> Hi Steven!
>
> First off, I am glad you are trying to assist in resolving this.
>
> I have uninstalled everything and deleted the whole /netiq/idm/apps
> structure to start clean.
>
> I have tried to find information regarding the certified versions of
> each subcomponent, but I am not able to find this in the documentation.
> What I find in multiple places is minimum version requirements. In my
> mind, it means that I should be able to run later non-major releases,
> i.e. Tomcat 9.0.x, PostgreSQL 10.x and Open JDK JRE 8.x. Please let me
> know if this is incorrect.
>
> 1) My bad, I missed this one. I have installed version 10.5 now.
>
> 2) I have installed Tomcat 9.0.12 in my new attempt at this.
>
> 3) I have installed Zulu JRE 8u181 in my new attempt at this.
>
> 4) Yes, I missed this part of the instructions. Tomcat was configured
> for https so I did keep it running, and I missed that it should have
> been stopped at the summary screen. But in my new attempt, I thought I'd
> just keep it simple with http to see if I can make that work. Ie tomcat
> was stopped during OSP and IDGov installation processes this time.
>
> 5) These DB errors are no longer present after running PostgreSQL 10.5.
>
>
> 5a) Existing
>
> 5b) Yes, good idea - its done.
>
> Current status is unfortunatly the same error. It does not seem that the
> parameters from setenv.bat is being used by tomcat? I am running tomcat
> as a Windows service.
>
> catalina.date.log - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//85322455
> setenv.bat - https://paste.opensuse.org/view//51561699
>
> Best regards
> Marcus
>
>

Greetings,
If one uses "Existing" then is is require that the DBA creates all
of the necessary databases/schemas, users/logins, and assigns all of the
required rights/permissions before installing as outlined in the
documentation. The installer will not create all that is necessary
within the Database Server in this case because it is required that the
DBA did the necessary.

If you have installed PostgreSQL, MS SQL, or Oracle and want the ID
Gov Install (for ID Gov or ID Reporting) to create all of the necessary
either during a fresh install or an upgrade then you select "Update" and
the installer will create the necessary.

This difference between the two modes of installing against the
database server has been this way for many releases and has been covered
a number of times in the forums and is covered in the documentation.


For Example:

"
existing, if your database is already set up correctly with all schemas,
roles, and users
"



--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus


Hi.

Sorry, I answered too quick and wrong. I used "update" not "existing". Sorry for my incorrect answer.

Best Regards
Marcus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.