Highlighted
sumitmf Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Issue with Date field in CSV collector

I am trying to get last account access date from CSV file. The data is stored as  5/26/2016 12:01.

I am mapping this to the account attribute Last Login Date with has data type as Date. After collecting I am getting following error.

Error validating attribute value type to its data type. Refer to 'lastLogin' in the following data.

{"state":"Inactive","lastLogin":"5/\26/\2016 12:01"}

I will appreciate any help. Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Issue with Date field in CSV collector

IDG is a Java app.  But it talks LDAP to many connectors.

So without anything further I would assume two formats are possible:

LDAP time format   20190919180300Z

Java time format I think is a 32 bit int counting seconds, but different than CTIME.

What I would do is see if any of the eDir/AD collectors pull in a date formatted attribute and see if there is ECMA in the collector to convert to the internal format.

BUt it would be very nice to know what the proper internal format for Time/Dates should be in IDG.

One would expect to find that in the documentation somewhere,.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Well I will be darned, it is not in the official docs, but in an ancilliary doc.

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-governance-35/pdfdoc/references/Collector-Data-Transformation.pdf

It is Java time, milliseconds nd the Salesforce.com has an ECMA example you could steal.

0 Likes
sumitmf Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks geoffc . This is helpful
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It amuses me that it is not in the actual docs. Rather it is in a doc from either consulting or training.

I think that is a comment abouot the philosophy of documentation, alas.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.