Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
820 views

Visibility of Roles when searching

Hi,

Is it possible to set it up so certain groups of users only see some roles when searching for roles?
So for example Teachers only see the roles that apply to teachers when they want to require one.

Thanks
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

joakim ganse <joakim_ganse@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>

Hi,

Is it possible to set it up so certain groups of users only see some
roles when searching for roles?
So for example Teachers only see the roles that apply to teachers when
they want to require one.

Yes. Use IRF on for example AppConfig to block public browse rights. Then
define explicitly trustees to allow groupings of users to access specific
roles.

Can be easier if you group roles in sub-containers and set rights on the
subcontainers.

Don’t try this with 4.6.3 (functionality is broken on that version, MF are
working on a fix).

Works fine in 4.7.1 (and 4.5.x) AFAIK. Not sure about other 4.6.x releases.

https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/different-permissions-user-application/

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7007292


Refers to PRD but same principle
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/509213-Restrict-access-to-PRD?styleid=34


Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

> https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/different-permissions-user-application/

Ah that was a good one! Simply listing out the permissions is useful.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

On 11/30/18 10:26 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> joakim ganse <joakim_ganse@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>>

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to set it up so certain groups of users only see some
> roles when searching for roles?
> So for example Teachers only see the roles that apply to teachers when
> they want to require one.
>
> Yes. Use IRF on for example AppConfig to block public browse rights. Then
> define explicitly trustees to allow groupings of users to access specific
> roles.
>
> Can be easier if you group roles in sub-containers and set rights on the
> subcontainers.
>
> Don’t try this with 4.6.3 (functionality is broken on that version, MF are
> working on a fix).
>
> Works fine in 4.7.1 (and 4.5.x) AFAIK. Not sure about other 4.6.x releases.
>
> https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/different-permissions-user-application/
>
> https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7007292
>
>
> Refers to PRD but same principle
> https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/509213-Restrict-access-to-PRD?styleid=34
>
>

Greetings Alex,
The information you provided, is for IDM. I do believe the
question being asked is for within Identity Governance.


In this case one would set-up policy in ID Gov that will be utilized
within Access Request.

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

Steven Williams wrote:

> On 11/30/18 10:26 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> >joakim ganse <joakim_ganse@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
> > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to set it up so certain groups of users only see some
> > roles when searching for roles?
> > So for example Teachers only see the roles that apply to teachers when
> > they want to require one.
> >
> > Yes. Use IRF on for example AppConfig to block public browse rights. Then
> > define explicitly trustees to allow groupings of users to access specific
> > roles.
> >
> > Can be easier if you group roles in sub-containers and set rights on the
> > subcontainers.
> >
> > Don’t try this with 4.6.3 (functionality is broken on that version, MF are
> > working on a fix).
> >
> > Works fine in 4.7.1 (and 4.5.x) AFAIK. Not sure about other 4.6.x releases.
> >
> >

https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/different-permissions-user-application/
> >
> > https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7007292
> >
> >
> > Refers to PRD but same principle
> >

https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/509213-Restrict-access-to-PRD?styleid=34
> >
> >

> Greetings Alex,
> The information you provided, is for IDM. I do believe the question
> being asked is for within Identity Governance.
>
>
> In this case one would set-up policy in ID Gov that will be utilized within
> Access Request.


Yes, this was my mistake, didn't check which forum I was responding in. 😞

--
If you find this post helpful, and are viewing this using the web, please show
your appreciation by clicking on the star below
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
jmontm42 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

joakim_ganse;2491740 wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to set it up so certain groups of users only see some roles when searching for roles?
So for example Teachers only see the roles that apply to teachers when they want to require one.

Thanks


If you are using the IG request interface, you can setup request and approval policies.
These 2 work together. The approval policy is who approves each role. The request policy specifies who is allowed to see and request each role. I think that's what you might want to look into. There are some checkboxes that control who you are submitting the request for (everyone, yourself, direct reports, etc) and then some filters that let you select just which users can request (for instance only if their job title is "accountant 1")

--Jim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Visibility of Roles when searching

Thanks,
That is exactly what I was looking for.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.