Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

eDirectory fulfillment

I have a use case where permission of the account is defined by a field (Field -A)  in eDirectory. If this field on account has value "true" means this account has this permission. If the field has value "false" or blank the account does not have this permission.

I am collectiing all the accounts and permissions for this applicaion. Now after collecting and publishing the data , I need to fulfill the data back to eDirectory. I am not sure
how to set this field (Field - A)  to false or wipe out this field in eDirectory if some of the the collected accounts come with false/blank  values for this field(meaning permissionis has  been removed for these accounts).

I don't see much documentation on fulfilling the eDirectory target.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: eDirectory fulfillment

What version of eDirectory?

What version of Identity Governance?

Are you using Identity Manager Advanced Edition with the Identity
Application? If so what version?

With fulfillment you can trigger a workflow to the Identity Application.
The workflow would then be able to have the scripted logic to set the
value as needed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for your response.

We have eDirectory v9.1.4

Identity Manager Advanced version 4.7.3 with User App

IG v3.5.0

Is there any documentation showing how to use Identity manager workflow with IG Fulfillments.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The terminologi is sometimes confusing. Is it fulfillment or reflektion you want to do?

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-governance-35/admin-guide/data/b1i1id2j.html
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks joakim_ganse.
I am collecting account attribute "Attr-1" from an application. We have the same attribute "Attr-1" in eDirectory. Now I need to update the attribute "Attr-1" in eDirectory with the value of collected "Attr-1" . I am not sure if this can be achieved by reflection or fulfillment. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks , fp_idmworks. Is there a way to set this attribute value using eDirectory fulfillment without using workflows.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.