Governance Insight CSV exports should format/convert Date fields into a date format

Idea ID 2808109

Governance Insight CSV exports should format/convert Date fields into a date format

Date fields are exported as long values in Governance Insight CSV exports, which is not usable for none technical users.

Therefore IG  Governance Insight CSV exports should fformat/convert Date fields in a date format.

3 Comments
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Not sure I agree about that. Export should be as close to the source as possible.

But any exported time format should easily be converted to human readable format by Excel or a similar tool.

If that is not the case I agree. 

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Perhaps it could be in a form of an option that allows to choose between epoch and human readable format before exporting.

Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I find it a little bit strange that when I see the data in the insight view with a correct date and when I export it, it looks different ?

How to explain that to a security administrator team that they need to reformat the data.

What you see is what you get .... should be here the option, maybe a raw data option ....

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.