Ability to directly open and edit part of a nested IF statement in Designer

Idea ID 2782048

Ability to directly open and edit part of a nested IF statement in Designer

With a nested If statement, it would be so helpful if one could click on and edit directly a given part of the structure, rather than having to open successive "else if" windows to get to the one you want.

I realize that the default "double click to open" would present the entire statement, but if you could open one branch at that point, it would be so much less time-consuming.

[I am using dots in lieu of spaces for delineation]

if
...then
...else if
......then
......else if <---------I want to be able to edit this clause directly
.........then
.........else
.......else
...else

I think this would be welcome by anyone who has nested statements. It's just kind of confusing that you can *see* the piece you want to edit in the raw presentation, but once you try to open it for editing, you're stuck in the monolithic if-then-elseif --> [new window] else if --> [new window] else if --> [new window] pattern, from the top down.

Thank you for considering the idea -
Karla B
1 Comment
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
And imagine, if we on top of this, could compare and restart the driver from deep within the nested rule. That would be neat.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.