Add space as a wildcard in User search in UserApplication

Idea ID 2839447

Add space as a wildcard in User search in UserApplication

Add space as a wildcard in User search in UserApplication to improve the End User Experience. Lets say you can search for givenName, middlename, surname, fullname, displayname, cn - Sometimes givenName happens to be 2 names, ie "Billy Bob", rather than "Bob" being middlename its part of the givenName. If I search "Billy* Smith" I will be returned 1 result - Billy Bob Smith; However, if I search "Billy Smith", I will be returned 0 results. 

Rather than having to remind End Users to use the * wildcard character, lets add an option to use the space character as a wildcard! (If its an architecture issue, maybe have logic that replaces spaces with *?)

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.