Add support for Team Foundation Server (TFS) in addition to Subversion

Idea ID 2790866

Add support for Team Foundation Server (TFS) in addition to Subversion

IDM Designer currently has integration with Subversion. Would like to see it also support Team Foundation Server.

Who would want this: Any company that is moving to TFS, or teams that are more comfortable with TFS over Subversion

Why is it valuable: It provides options for your customers

How would it be used: Just like subversion

How it differs? I did not see an existing idea "like" this
2 Comments
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Would a better option be to use file system based integration so that file could be consumed by any tool, TFS, Subversion, etc...?
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
If you use file system integration, I don't think the check in process will "describe" which policies you're checking in or pulling down. Being able to see the names of the files: e.g. 34JJKUPX.xml wouldn't be helpful to "understand" the changes in the repository. Also, comparison version history for a policy is exceedingly more complicated. If those features would be available with the filesystem based integration, I think that would be workable.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.