DirXML Policy In-Line Comments

Idea ID 2784704

DirXML Policy In-Line Comments

Sometimes DirXML policies are very long, and very not readable.
It will be really helpful if we will be able to use in-line comments, in order to make the code more readable.
2 Comments
New Member.
In the short term, add a Do-Trace-Message token, and disable it. (Aaron yells at me and says, just set it to trace at level 30 and leave it active, but same end result). Now you can do inline comments at will. No matter how deeply nested.

@tomerazran 

@GeoffreyC 

I agree with this idea, a comment action would be very helpful in Designer, especially during hand offs. I have multiple times inherited code I take a good long look at and ask myself "what?", it would be beneficial to be able to insert a comment (other than in XML) that explains why something is being done. Example: In this XPath token we go through each X, perform Y action, and if Z, then reinsert into the operation.

//Kristian

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.