Support SSL SMTP feature for IDM engine E-mail Server setting

Idea ID 2790893

Support SSL SMTP feature for IDM engine E-mail Server setting

Currently on the E-mail Server Setting configuration, there are no options to enable Secure Connection (SSL) SMTP feature for IDM engine E-mail Server. As a result, if corporate been using SSL SMTP server as their primary email server (e.g. Office 365), the setup will not be possible.

Requesting to include SSL authentication for E-mail Server configuration of IDM engine.
4 Comments
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
This is very important. Everything should be optionally TLS.
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
I am wondering about this idea. Yesterday we noticed that our engine didn't send e-mails anymore. Problem was a certificate change on the SMTP server so the engine was unable to build a trust path. I didn't had a further look into this but this error makes me think that there is a way to use SSL. Or is it just using StartTLS xor SMTPS?
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.
Just double checked: our engine (4.7.0) is using StartTLS feature on plain text port (25).
New Member.
This blocks our upgrade to IDM 4.7.x. One would have expended this to have been fixed ages ago.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.