Support for adding Aux classes to IDM objects

Idea ID 2800132

Support for adding Aux classes to IDM objects

I have multiple scenarios where it would be beneficial to add an Aux class to a driver or a role:

- To create a solution for GDPR compliance, it would be useful to add e.g. legal information to the DirXML-Driver object

- To allow approvers to review license costs, it would be useful to add license cost to nrfRole objects

There are multiple ways to get around the need for this but all of the ones I've thought of either means duplicating objects in the ID vault (e.g. making a "shadow" role catalog) or making use of outside components (a database, web pages). What I would like is to be able to have everything in a single user interface, without relying on outside components and having a solution supported by MicroFocus support.

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

For info - For cost we used custom resource parameters on the resources in user app.

Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I was not aware of that option but I will look into it. But there are other reasons I wish to add information to roles - for instance, I want to construct a workflow with a configurable number of levels of approval. To do this, I need to store information about the role somewhere.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.