Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

An updated version of Peter Lambrechtsen's dxqueue library

An updated version of Peter Lambrechtsen's dxqueue library

A while ago I was looking for a way to send an XDS document to another driver's cache for processing.

I already knew how to call DXCommand to inject an event for immediate asynchronous processing or send a command for synchronous processing to another driver but could not find an option to queue an event into cache in that class, which seemed a bit odd, since that's an obvious third option that would make sense to offer.

Luckily Peter Lambrechtsen wrote and published a library to fill that gap a while a go on Cool Solutions, now available here. So I gave that a try and while it looked overall promising I soon ran into a known bug that needed fixing. And while I was at it, I added tracing support and an example Designer project for easy evaluation as well.

Downloads and source code are available at GitHub.

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

Great hint, Norbert, I did not know that one yet! While LDAP adds some complexity through authentication and TLS, it may be easier to wrap into an ECMAScript and package it. Very interesting...!

I have an ECMAScript version of Peter Lambrechtsen's code.

Know that LDAP is way of the future, so one day will switch to the LDAP approach. Feel the whole TLS, auth and also other Microfocous LDAP classes smashing their way to dominance (eDir bidir shim for example) makes the LDAP / ECMAScript approach far more complex than the good old school approach.

LDAP would allow sending events to drivers running on other engine servers, so has at least some added value to compensate for the complexity, though I do not think it's a killer feature.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2019-08-22 19:54
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.