fp_idmworks Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

4.7.1 Identity Application -- manage dashboard is missing

reinitialized rbpm security
uaadmin shows all 10 default roles

RR and UA drivers are both running

Under the request history we see the following roles having been added on the 13th:
Provisioning administrator
Report Administrator
Role Manager
Security Manager

If I go to the permisions that are assigned, If I click on one, it only gives the option to revoke access. So it doesn't show a history for all 10, but I definately see all 10 assigned.

After stopping tomcat I delted the work/Catalina structure, they temp structure and the directories under webapps, leaving the war files and then restarted tomcat.

This did not help my cause at all, didn't remember if it did in the past or not. I also cleared out the history.

Any thoughts on what else should be checked?

thanks,
Fred
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: 4.7.1 Identity Application -- manage dashboard is missing

On 26.09.18 19:44, fp IDMWORKS wrote:
>
> reinitialized rbpm security
> uaadmin shows all 10 default roles
>
> RR and UA drivers are both running
>
> Under the request history we see the following roles having been added
> on the 13th:
> Provisioning administrator
> Report Administrator
> Role Manager
> Security Manager
>
> If I go to the permisions that are assigned, If I click on one, it only
> gives the option to revoke access. So it doesn't show a history for all
> 10, but I definately see all 10 assigned.
>
> After stopping tomcat I delted the work/Catalina structure, they temp
> structure and the directories under webapps, leaving the war files and
> then restarted tomcat.
>
> This did not help my cause at all, didn't remember if it did in the past
> or not. I also cleared out the history.
>
> Any thoughts on what else should be checked?
>
> thanks,
> Fred
>
>

Just a thought; have you tried to clear the browser cache?

Casper
0 Likes
sumanr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Identity Application -- manage dashboard is missin

I presume this is a fresh install setup of IDM 4.7.1 since you are talking about default roles of uaadmin user.

Just to confirm - you mean gear icon to manage the dashboard on Applications page is missing?

How other pages are loading up? Do you see any errors in the browser network trace?
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

existing 4.5 install, however the Identity Application is creating a new database, new UA and RR driver. I then imported the UA data from the old driver to the new one as designer was giving fits on upgrading the driver packages. Talked about prereqs that I couldn't find.

The UI is up and running, can login. OSP log gives ssl based errors with OSP and SSPR. SSPR isn't accessable, but wasn't worrying about as sspr is running on isolated servers as the jsp has been customized and SSPR's 4.02 and 4.03 don't like the customization.

The manage dashboard button isn't visible. We are now on 4.7.1 with the same result.

I looked further at UA and RR drivers and the RR driver isn't fully starting. The logging is sparse on it. Trace 5 and we don't see connection errors. Due to the OSP error, we think there is an issue with the keystore certs. The install on RHEL 7.5 is having issues with generating a tomcat.ks file that is populated with any certs.

4.7 doesn't allow for non SSL installations or haven't figured away around it as OSP requers TLS. So I can't do a base install of 8180 with everything working and then doing https later, which is for the best, just troubleshooting is more difficult.

Manually created the tomcat.ks file and imported the ca cert however, didn't use the same alias names. Not sure what the RR shim is looking at for the connection. I'm assuming that since it isn't fully starting that the roles aren't fully generating, even though the UI shows them there.

thanks,
Fred
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

In working with support, it seems to be an issue with the tomcat.ks as my tomcat.ks doesn't have the same alias as the default install. I'm assuming there are enough changes with 4.7 where if you don't have the correct keystore aliases from the Identity Vault and keys, you will have issues. With them being a 2 year expiration, I'm anticipating issues when we need to regenerate these certificates. How do we do it manually?

I was anticipating generating a key that would be specific to the cn of the ip address of my system. However, the default install doesn't do this. So past knowledge of how the OSP is working doesn't seem to apply to 4.7. Granted, if I am completely missing the mark, I would love to better understand.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.