ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1156 views

4.7.1 Released

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Released

Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the update.

Wolfgang

On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>
> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
> Readme:
> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>
>

0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Released

Wolfgang Schreiber;2484494 wrote:
Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the update.

Wolfgang

On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>
> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
> Readme:
> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>
>


Still works for me

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 4.7.1 Released

ScorpionSting wrote:

> Wolfgang Schreiber;2484494 Wrote:
> > Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
> > hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the
> > update.
> >
> > Wolfgang
> >
> > On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
> > >
> > > Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
> > > Readme:
> > >

> >

https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
> > >
> > >

>
> Still works for me


The above does not work for me, but this one does:

https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Released

Yep, it's back - seemed to be a temporary dropout related to the A10 stuff.

Wolfgang

On 21/07/2018 10:24, ScorpionSting wrote:
>
> Wolfgang Schreiber;2484494 Wrote:
>> Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
>> hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the
>> update.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>> On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>>>
>>> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
>>> Readme:
>>>

>> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>>>
>>>

>
> Still works for me
>
>

0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Released

Wolfgang Schreiber;2484494 wrote:
Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the update.

Wolfgang

On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>
> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
> Readme:
> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>
>


Don't forget about the firmware upgrade that happened to the Thunder A10 web appliance they did about 10 hours ago, may be affecting the caching of URL's for a few days....

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 4.7.1 Released

On 7/21/2018 4:09 AM, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
> Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
> hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the update.


There is an online update. Check for Designer Updates. the ZIP file is
just for offline updates.


> Wolfgang
>
> On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>>
>> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
>> Readme:
>> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>>
>>
>>


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 4.7.1 Released

geoffc;2484502 wrote:
On 7/21/2018 4:09 AM, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
> Since the download link you mentioned is no longer available, I'm a bit
> hesitant to use the integrated Designer update, which does show the update.


There is an online update. Check for Designer Updates. the ZIP file is
just for offline updates.


> Wolfgang
>
> On 21/07/2018 00:04, ScorpionSting wrote:
>>
>> Download: https://dl.netiq.com/Download?buildid=-nmRCGKgAvg~
>> Readme:
>> https://www.netiq.com/documentation/identity-manager-47/releasenotes_idm471/data/releasenotes_idm471.html
>>
>>
>>


Yesterday I found pretty strange situation:
I had Designer 4.7, where I installed all available patches after release.
Patch for Disigner 4.7.1 also was installed on top of other patches.

Simulation of Query operation crashed simulation session.


Completely uninstalled D4.7, installed fresh copy, patched "directly" to 4.7.1.
Simulation fixed.
0 Likes
ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: 4.7.1 Released

al_b;2484508 wrote:
Yesterday I found pretty strange situation:
I had Designer 4.7, where I installed all available patches after release.
Patch for Disigner 4.7.1 also was installed on top of other patches.

Simulation of Query operation crashed simulation session.


Completely uninstalled D4.7, installed fresh copy, patched "directly" to 4.7.1.
Simulation fixed.


Might have been one of those annoying issues, that shouldn't occur, where the wrong plugin is loaded because there is no cleanup of plugins during patching.... I think someone wrote a script that will go through and clean up, but can't remember who or where

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 4.7.1 Released

On 7/22/2018 5:36 PM, ScorpionSting wrote:
>
> al_b;2484508 Wrote:
>> Yesterday I found pretty strange situation:
>> I had Designer 4.7, where I installed all available patches after
>> release.
>> Patch for Disigner 4.7.1 also was installed on top of other patches.
>>
>> Simulation of Query operation crashed simulation session.
>> 6129
>>
>> Completely uninstalled D4.7, installed fresh copy, patched "directly" to
>> 4.7.1.
>> Simulation fixed.

>
> Might have been one of those annoying issues, that shouldn't occur,
> where the wrong plugin is loaded because there is no cleanup of plugins
> during patching.... I think someone wrote a script that will go through
> and clean up, but can't remember who or where


Lothar. He even wrapped it in a Win32 executable.

Can't find that, but the tool as a JAR is here.

http://blog.chocolatejar.eu/eclipse-plugin-cleaner/


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: 4.7.1 Released

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> He even wrapped it in a Win32 executable.


https://iam.is4it.de/public/download/disable_outdated_features_and_plugins.zip

> Can't find that, but the tool as a JAR is here.
>
> http://blog.chocolatejar.eu/eclipse-plugin-cleaner/


That's what I use on macOS now, seems to work as advertised. Copy the jar into
the Designer install folder, then run:

java -jar plugin-cleaner-0.4-jar-with-dependencies.jar -m unlimited -t

for a test run. If you like what that proposes, leave out the "-t" to make it
actually happen.

--
http://www.is4it.de/en/solution/identity-access-management/

(If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.)
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.