UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

AD Driver: How can I obtain the name of the connected DC?

Hi IDM experts,

we run an AD driver which triggers different customized Exchange Cmdlets, using the "PSExecute" pseudoattribute.
In order to avoid replication-related errors, the exchange server should always communicate with the domain controller which is running the remote loader.
If I understand correctly, the Cmdlet parameter "-DomainController" is provided exactly for this purpose.
For example, if one uses the default creation method by setting the homeMDB and mailNickname attributes,
the engine automatically generates a Cmdlet that includes this parameter together with the FQDN of the executing domain controller.

Is there a simple way (without defining an additional GCV) to get the name of the connected DC, so one can provide it to the PSExecute statements?

Best regards,
Michael
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

mgolor;2485402 wrote:
Hi IDM experts,

we run an AD driver which triggers different customized Exchange Cmdlets, using the "PSExecute" pseudoattribute.
In order to avoid replication-related errors, the exchange server should always communicate with the domain controller which is running the remote loader.
If I understand correctly, the Cmdlet parameter "-DomainController" is provided exactly for this purpose.
For example, if one uses the default creation method by setting the homeMDB and mailNickname attributes,
the engine automatically generates a Cmdlet that includes this parameter together with the FQDN of the executing domain controller.

Is there a simple way (without defining an additional GCV) to get the name of the connected DC, so one can provide it to the PSExecute statements?

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,
Really defining additional GCV, can be the easiest way, but even without extra GCV, you still have a number of options:
1. you can read DirXML-ShimAuthServer attribute from your AD driver
2. You can parse <server> info from AutenticationInfo document (available when driver start). You can do it in any place, but better parse it in Startup policy.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Al,

thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately in our case the shimAuthServer attribute holds the IP address and not the required FQDN, since DNS resolution does not work here.
I also searched for the hostname in the trace output of the driver startup process, but the remote loader does not seem to send this information.
I guess I'll just have to define an extra GCV then.

Best regards,
Michael
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

mgolor;2485707 wrote:
the shimAuthServer attribute holds the IP address and not the required FQDN, since DNS resolution does not work here.

You can add the FQDN to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts on the RL...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.