rs_0 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.
497 views

AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD


Does anyone know of a good way to move a user from one Active Directory
OU to another via the Active Directory Driver?

IDM 4.0.2
Driver Version 3.5.14


--
stampsr
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stampsr's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=7353
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55116

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD

stampsr <stampsr@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>

Does anyone know of a good way to move a user from one Active Directory
OU to another via the Active Directory Driver?
>
> IDM 4.0.2
> Driver Version 3.5.14


This is standard functionality in ad driver.
Just determine what trigger event you want to turn into a move.

Do-move-dest-object token is your friend here.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show
your appreciation and click on the star below...
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD

On 1/12/2016 10:52 AM, Alex Mchugh wrote:
> stampsr <stampsr@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>>

> Does anyone know of a good way to move a user from one Active Directory
> OU to another via the Active Directory Driver?
>>
>> IDM 4.0.2
>> Driver Version 3.5.14

>
> This is standard functionality in ad driver.
> Just determine what trigger event you want to turn into a move.
>
> Do-move-dest-object token is your friend here.


The often confusing part is that the destination is a OU DN, not the
final user object DN. I.e. Do not specify the
cn=Username,ou=ouName,dc=whatever,dc=com rather ou=ouName,dc=whatever,dc=com


0 Likes
rs_0 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD


I actually tried that, and didnt have much luck. I figured it was just
a function for eDirectory moves. I will re-evaluate my syntax and see
if I missed something. Thank you.


--
stampsr
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stampsr's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=7353
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55116

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD

On 1/12/2016 11:24 AM, stampsr wrote:
>
> I actually tried that, and didnt have much luck. I figured it was just
> a function for eDirectory moves. I will re-evaluate my syntax and see
> if I missed something. Thank you.


I am pretty sure it needs to be in LDAP syntax to move in AD. I do not
think the OU needs to be associated though, butI could be wrong.


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD

Geoffrey Carman <geoffreycarmanNOSPAM@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/12/2016 11:24 AM, stampsr wrote:
>>
>> I actually tried that, and didnt have much luck. I figured it was just
>> a function for eDirectory moves. I will re-evaluate my syntax and see
>> if I missed something. Thank you.

>
> I am pretty sure it needs to be in LDAP syntax to move in AD. I do not
> think the OU needs to be associated though, butI could be wrong.
>


OU doesn't need to be associated
DN should be in LDAP

Or you can specify association value (still doesn't need to actually be
associated in IDM)

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface, show
your appreciation and click on the star below...
Alex McHugh - Knowledge Partner - Stavanger, Norway
Who are the Knowledge Partners
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
rs_0 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: AD Driver - Move User to another OU in AD


Thank you both for your help, turned out to be an issue with the
attribute I was trying to trigger off. Everything is working now.


--
stampsr
------------------------------------------------------------------------
stampsr's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=7353
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=55116

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.