Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

AD Driver, RL on DC, eating lots of memory in LSASS.exe?

Anyone seeing this? We had 4.01 RL, 3.5.16 ADdriver.dll, and the latest
pwfilter.dll (2.6?) that came with the latest driver patch. (I forget
if this is a 2008 or 2003 server, I think 2003).

But the DC running the RL is eating 1.8GB and more memory and crushing
the server.

Only happening on one server at one client. Wondering if anyone else is
seeing this happen?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: AD Driver, RL on DC, eating lots of memory in LSASS.exe?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:37:58 +0000, Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> Anyone seeing this?

Not seeing it here.

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.novell.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: AD Driver, RL on DC, eating lots of memory in LSASS.exe?

Could be AD doing that.
How many objects are in the directory?
I've seen DCs in 15K user directories consume 8-10GB as a standard running level.

On 4/3/2012 2:37 PM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
> Anyone seeing this? We had 4.01 RL, 3.5.16 ADdriver.dll, and the latest pwfilter.dll (2.6?) that
> came with the latest driver patch. (I forget if this is a 2008 or 2003 server, I think 2003).
>
> But the DC running the RL is eating 1.8GB and more memory and crushing the server.
>
> Only happening on one server at one client. Wondering if anyone else is seeing this happen?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.