UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

AD - No password synchronization and SAML auth to identity apps.

Hi,

I have been tasked with finding out if it is possible to use SAML to log in to identity apps from AD FS, and disable (or actually not enable) password synchonization between idv and AD.

That means, that the users passwords are indeed not in sync.

I've never done that before.

Is that possible?

1 Reply
Commodore
Commodore

That is the idea behind authentication using SAML, when you can use SAML to authenticate from AD FS to the User Application there should be no need for password synchronization since passwords do not play in this scenario. I did not test this and never did setup, but answer is based on SAML definition.

Best regards

Michiel Los

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.