sma2006 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Any tips to create new forms with IDM 4.8 ?

Hello,

I'm starting to play with the new form builder in IDM 4.8.

I'm not a developer and very far from a JSON and Javascript expert and I'm stuck trying to do simple things that I used to do with legacy forms:

1) Update fields from other fields with "on change" event, for exemple update the full name when first name or last name change: This requires to add java script or JSON logic in the "calculated value".

I tried this in the full Name field, java script calculated value : value = data.firstName + " " + data.lastName;

But did not work.

2) Add a cancel button : There is no "cancel" action when adding a new button.

The doc is missing detailed information and example.

Does anyone has some examples ?

Thanks a lot.

Sylvain

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
sma2006 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Any tips to create new forms with IDM 4.8 ?

I could copy and edit the default forms and get the "cancel" button.

The cancel button custom logic is : util.closeCurrentFormWindow(0);

0 Likes
pwe Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Any tips to create new forms with IDM 4.8 ?

Yes, a documentation would be nice!

A tutorial like this would make sense  https://help.form.io/tutorials/walkthroughs/submission/

I tried this standard form.io function and got the error form is undefined. 

form.on('change', function(event) {
if (event.changed) {

console.log (event.changed.component.key )
}
});

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.