karmst Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

AzureAD Connector throws a NullPointerException

Hello,

IDM 4.7.1 Remote Loader

AzureAD Connector: 5.1.1.0
REST Connector: 1.0.0.2

I just started with the AzureAD Connector, and it runs fine when I do not enable the Exhange portion. When that bit is enabled, the SHIM gives back a NullPointerException.

DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE: Azure-AD: Total 0 schema extensions are registered for application a36221cf-8d91-4b5c-8f76-7624346f567e
DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE: Azure-AD: Populating 0 registered schema extensions in driver schema.
DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE: Azure-AD: Caught exception during REST Channels initialization.
DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE: Azure-AD: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.ExchangeAPI$CmdDefinition.access$000(ExchangeAPI.java:554)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.ExchangeAPI.getSchema(ExchangeAPI.java:529)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.AZDriverShim.populateFullSchema(AZDriverShim.java:314)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.AZDriverShim.initRestChannels(AZDriverShim.java:269)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.AZPublisher.init(AZPublisher.java:117)
at com.novell.nds.dirxml.remote.loader.Driver.run(Driver.java:857)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE: Remote Loader: PublicationShim.init() returned:
DirXML: [08/14/19 09:28:05.68]: TRACE:
<source>
<product build="20190328_1251" instance="Azure-AD" version="5.1.1.0">Identity Manager Driver for Azure AD and Office 365</product>
<contact>NetIQ Corporation</contact>
</source>
<output>
<status level="fatal" type="com.novell.nds.dirxml.driver.azure.StatusException"/>
</output>
</nds>

Has anyone seen this before?  I have going through all the configuration setups, and the WEB service (for Exchange) is working like a champ.

Thanks,

-K

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: AzureAD Connector throws a NullPointerException

Hi,

Did you find a solution?

Casper

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

No Casper, there has been no response.

It would appear that nobody has ever come across this issue.  There was another thread that I commented on, but that has not been answered either. It would be nice if the developers of the SHIM would give some insight.

-K

0 Likes
cpedersen Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I noticed.... 😞

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

At the very least, if anyone (and I mean anyone) has got this to work, can they please share a screenshot of the permissions that they have granted in the Azure portal?

The Driver document, at least for the new Azure Portal, does not appear to be correct.

Cheers,

-K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.