Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
184 views

CSV driver and PostProcessor


We are using a Delimited Text driver to update a set of objects in a
container. Some object are added, some deleted and some modified. The
resulting number of objects in the container will vary from import to
import
After the driver has finished reading the text file and the content in
the container has been updated we need to do some calculations on the
updated dataset in the container as a hole. We need some sort of a
PostProcessor function.

Does anybody have a good idear ?

/Michael


--
mJg2XW
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mJg2XW's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=442
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50200

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor

The DT shim has the ability to be extended with a post-processor, but I'm
not sure that's what you're after. The Generic File Driver has some neat
features that will probably be useful to you, though I do not recall if it
will only notify you at the last record of each file, or if there is also
an option to notify you when all records are processed:

https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/cool_tools/generic-file-driver-idm-v-003/

I'd start with this and see what can be made of it.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor


Hi

It is exactly that i'm looking for, the only problem is that the NetIQ
CSV Driver only have the postProcessor on the subscriber
(http://tinyurl.com/lwssrrp - appendix 😎

I'll will take a look on the "Generic File Driver"

THX:)


--
mJg2XW
------------------------------------------------------------------------
mJg2XW's Profile: https://forums.netiq.com/member.php?userid=442
View this thread: https://forums.netiq.com/showthread.php?t=50200

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor

On 3/7/2014 6:05 AM, ab wrote:
> The DT shim has the ability to be extended with a post-processor, but I'm
> not sure that's what you're after. The Generic File Driver has some neat
> features that will probably be useful to you, though I do not recall if it
> will only notify you at the last record of each file, or if there is also
> an option to notify you when all records are processed:
>
> https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/cool_tools/generic-file-driver-idm-v-003/
>
> I'd start with this and see what can be made of it.


There are four pieces of metadata the Generic File Driver Stefaan wrote
will provide.
fileName
recordNumber
isLastRecord
fileSize

So you will get the current file name and notification when it is the
last record in the set.

Then you can key off that if needed in policy.


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> There are four pieces of metadata the Generic File Driver Stefaan wrote will
> provide. fileName
> recordNumber
> isLastRecord
> fileSize
>
> So you will get the current file name and notification when it is the last
> record in the set.
>
> Then you can key off that if needed in policy.


And in addition to the add operation you get on the publisher for every record,
there are two more initial-params operations, before sending the first add and
another one after the last add. That last one could be another way to trigger
your dataset calculation code from.
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor

On 3/10/2014 11:31 AM, Lothar Haeger wrote:
> Geoffrey Carman wrote:
>
>> There are four pieces of metadata the Generic File Driver Stefaan wrote will
>> provide. fileName
>> recordNumber
>> isLastRecord
>> fileSize
>>
>> So you will get the current file name and notification when it is the last
>> record in the set.
>>
>> Then you can key off that if needed in policy.

>
> And in addition to the add operation you get on the publisher for every record,
> there are two more initial-params operations, before sending the first add and
> another one after the last add. That last one could be another way to trigger
> your dataset calculation code from.


Oh interesting. I noticed those <init-param> nodes, but did not catch
the pattern that you get one each on first/last events, not on every
event. I missed that! Good catch! Useful.

I really like that after each event, the recordDnumber last processed is
stored on the driver, so that if you stop and restart you resuem where
you left off. So much nicer than the NetIQ shipping driver.

Really these is no question when chosing between these two options.
Stefaan's is just plain better! By miles!

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: CSV driver and PostProcessor

Geoffrey Carman wrote:

> I noticed those <init-param> nodes, but did not catch the pattern that you
> get one each on first/last events


Having not looked at a gen file driver trace for a while, I seem to recall that
I once used them as file open/close indicators in a similar way as needed here
by the OP.
______________________________________________
https://www.is4it.de/identity-access-management
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.