kyin_ying Absent Member.
Absent Member.
507 views

Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

Hi all,

There is a requirement from our customer to enable multi factor authentication for Identity Application.
Can we achieve that by adding in the NetIQ Advanced authentication?
I saw use case by integrating Access Manager with Advanced Authentication. But not with IDM.
Hence, just to confirm whether it is feasible.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
AutomaticReply Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

kyin,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit https://www.microfocus.com/support-and-services and search the knowledgebase and/or check
all the other self support options and support programs available.
- Open a service request: https://www.microfocus.com/support
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.microfocus.com)
- You might consider hiring a local partner to assist you.
https://www.partnernetprogram.com/partnerfinder/find.html

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.microfocus.com/faq.php

Sometimes this automatic posting will alert someone that can respond.

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Micro Focus Forums Team
http://forums.microfocus.com



0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

On 8/28/18 5:34 AM, kyin ying wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> There is a requirement from our customer to enable multi factor
> authentication for Identity Application.
> Can we achieve that by adding in the NetIQ Advanced authentication?
> I saw use case by integrating Access Manager with Advanced
> Authentication. But not with IDM.
> Hence, just to confirm whether it is feasible.
>
>

Greetings,
OSP has supported 2 Factor Authentication via NetIQ Advanced
Authentication for years now. For the OSP side, you will enable it
within configupdate on the Authentication Tab in the Advanced Features
section (press the show advanced button when using the GUI mode).


What version of the Identity Applications are you currently using?

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
kyin_ying Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

Identity Application 4.7.
Ok, I had the same thought but just to double confirm.
Thanks a lot Steven.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

On 9/3/18 10:34 PM, kyin ying wrote:
>
> Identity Application 4.7.
> Ok, I had the same thought but just to double confirm.
> Thanks a lot Steven.
>
>

Greetings,
Identity Application 4.7.x utilizes OSP 6.2.x, which is the same
version utilized by ID Gov 3.0.x. You can utilize Netiq Advanced
Authentication for 2FA with this version (I have a setup configured with
it).

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

On 9/4/18 7:34 AM, Steven Williams wrote:
> On 9/3/18 10:34 PM, kyin ying wrote:
>>
>> Identity Application 4.7.
>> Ok, I had the same thought but just to double confirm.
>> Thanks a lot Steven.
>>
>>

> Greetings,
>    Identity Application 4.7.x utilizes OSP 6.2.x, which is the same
> version utilized by ID Gov 3.0.x.  You can utilize Netiq Advanced
> Authentication for 2FA with this version (I have a setup configured with
> it).
>

Greetings,
As I outlined earlier, the support for 2FA has been in OSP for a
number of years now. It was added in a version during the IDM 4.5 time.
Which means, the ability to enable 2FA in configupdate and utilize it
with OSP would be available in ID Gov (1.5 or later) or IDM (4.5.x or
later). Not just in ID Gov 3.0.x and IDM 4.7.x

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Principal Enterprise Architect
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

Great info.
Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
schwoerb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

This is an all or nothing approach though, as there is no ability to force MFA for certain roles. NetIQ Advanced Authentication would be needed to accomplish that.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

On 9/11/2018 10:04 AM, schwoerb wrote:
>
> This is an all or nothing approach though, as there is no ability to
> force MFA for certain roles. NetIQ Advanced Authentication would be
> needed to accomplish that.


Or NAM? NAM can have different contracts for different users/classes of
users/roles and those could require a 2FA or not...


0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can Identity Application Enable 2FA?

On 9/12/2018 10:54 AM, Geoffrey Carman wrote:
> On 9/11/2018 10:04 AM, schwoerb wrote:
>>
>> This is an all or nothing approach though, as there is no ability to
>> force MFA for certain roles.  NetIQ Advanced Authentication would be
>> needed to accomplish that.

>
> Or NAM?  NAM can have different contracts for different users/classes of
> users/roles and those could require a 2FA or not...


Or actually NAM can integrate with Advanced Auth to provide the 2FA
functionality as well, of course.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.