Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
fartyalvikram Contributor.
Contributor.

Can we change Version of Package at the time of creating a Package

Jump to solution

I want to create Driver Package with Version (which I want, not auto generated).

For example when I creating a package, it is created with version "0.0.1.20190808184447" but I want package version is "0.1" only. So can I change it?

I am using Identity Manager 4.7 and Designer 4.7.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Can we change Version of Package at the time of creating a Package

Jump to solution

if you are asking if you can avoid the datestamp at the end of the package version, then the answer is no.

If you want to make it 1.7.19.20190808111912 then sure, you can change the first bit but the datestamp is automatic since IDM 4.01.  (Really Designer 4.01).

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

if you are asking if you can avoid the datestamp at the end of the package version, then the answer is no.

If you want to make it 1.7.19.20190808111912 then sure, you can change the first bit but the datestamp is automatic since IDM 4.01.  (Really Designer 4.01).

0 Likes
fartyalvikram Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.

How can we change the first bit like "0.0.1.20190808184447" to "1.1.0.20190808184447", please guide me for that?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
When you create a new package version, the version number is editable until you finish the wizard. After that, you need to create another new version to edit it:

- Right-click on the version you want to change and select "New Package Version…". This will create a copy of the existing version and start the package wizard.
- on the first page of the wizard, edit the version number as desired. Note that you can stick with the existing one ao only the build timestamp gets changed. You can also increase the version number but not decrease it.
- save the package, build & release without changing anything else.
- (optional) delete the previous version if you like

Obviously you should most likely NOT delete previous package versions if they differ in content and were not only created to fix an incorrect version number...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.