Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
200 views

Citrix Access Gateway

Hello to all,

Would anyone have knowledge of integrating / working with Citrix Access
Gateway with IDM?

It uses LDAP backend so that is maybe enough but it would be interesting
to know if there is a chance to command it externally via some API.

Cheers,
Pekka
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Citrix Access Gateway

Pekka Kuronen wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> Would anyone have knowledge of integrating / working with Citrix Access Gateway with IDM?
>
> It uses LDAP backend so that is maybe enough but it would be interesting to know if there is a chance to command it externally via some API.


I think you confused things a little.

The Citrix Access Gatway can authenticate regular users via an external LDAP store, that means that the gateway initiates a LDAP connection to another server (which could be IDM) when it wants to authenticate a user.
This connection isn't designed to work in the opposite direction, so I can't see any way that the Access Gateway could be commanded externally via some sort of LDAP style API.

So... your options are: use IDM to provision to a LDAP catalog and then configure Citrix Access Gateway to authenticate against that catalog

or just configure the Access Gateway to authenticate directly against iDM/eDirectory.

It shouldn't need to be more complicated than that.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Citrix Access Gateway

Hi Alex and thanks for your answer. I have no knowledge or experience
with the product, only read some documentation.

Citrix Accesss Gateway does strong authentication in the form of
challenge - respons list or SMS? Where does the data needed for that
reside? Can it also be read from user data in LDAP?

Pekka

On 05/05/2014 12:43 AM, Alex McHugh wrote:
> Pekka Kuronen wrote:
>
>> Hello to all,
>>
>> Would anyone have knowledge of integrating / working with Citrix Access Gateway with IDM?
>>
>> It uses LDAP backend so that is maybe enough but it would be interesting to know if there is a chance to command it externally via some API.

>
> I think you confused things a little.
>
> The Citrix Access Gatway can authenticate regular users via an external LDAP store, that means that the gateway initiates a LDAP connection to another server (which could be IDM) when it wants to authenticate a user.
> This connection isn't designed to work in the opposite direction, so I can't see any way that the Access Gateway could be commanded externally via some sort of LDAP style API.
>
> So... your options are: use IDM to provision to a LDAP catalog and then configure Citrix Access Gateway to authenticate against that catalog
>
> or just configure the Access Gateway to authenticate directly against iDM/eDirectory.
>
> It shouldn't need to be more complicated than that.
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Citrix Access Gateway

Pekka Kuronen wrote:

>
> Citrix Accesss Gateway does strong authentication in the form of challenge - respons list or SMS?
> Where does the data needed for that reside?


The data for this strong authentication comes from authentication servers (usually a Radius server).

> Can it also be read from user data in LDAP?
>


Not sure. Generally there is only a requirement to read attributes related to authentication or group membership.

None of this is really relevant to an IDM forum though, as I've said before.

--
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.