THowarth Absent Member.
Absent Member.
463 views

Compare two Password fileds


Hello,

I am attempting to compare two fields with the Control Type of
Password. I am able to do the compare when the fields are Control Type
Text. When i attempt to use the same code used for comparting "text"
for the "password" it looks as if it is not able to see the values.

How do I "see" the password text to do the compare?

Thanks!


--
THowarth
------------------------------------------------------------------------
THowarth's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=30114
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448432

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Compare two Password fileds

As the docs indicate:
"The password control can only be submitted. It does not support any
script such as getValues() or setValues()."

So, there no way to get and compare such fields.

When I ran into a similar problem I put the fields as html fields
(passwords input) on the form. After checking the dual pwd input I
passed the pwd to a hidden text field.

Wolfgang


On 18.11.2011 19:56, THowarth wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to compare two fields with the Control Type of
> Password. I am able to do the compare when the fields are Control Type
> Text. When i attempt to use the same code used for comparting "text"
> for the "password" it looks as if it is not able to see the values.
>
> How do I "see" the password text to do the compare?
>
> Thanks!
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Compare two Password fileds

PS: alternatively you may check if you can retrieve the pwd input with
jquery or DOM methods

Wolfgang

On 18.11.2011 23:56, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
> As the docs indicate:
> "The password control can only be submitted. It does not support any
> script such as getValues() or setValues()."
>
> So, there no way to get and compare such fields.
>
> When I ran into a similar problem I put the fields as html fields
> (passwords input) on the form. After checking the dual pwd input I
> passed the pwd to a hidden text field.
>
> Wolfgang
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Compare two Password fileds

On 11/18/2011 05:59 PM, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
> PS: alternatively you may check if you can retrieve the pwd input with
> jquery or DOM methods
>
> Wolfgang
>
> On 18.11.2011 23:56, Wolfgang Schreiber wrote:
>> As the docs indicate:
>> "The password control can only be submitted. It does not support any
>> script such as getValues() or setValues()."
>>
>> So, there no way to get and compare such fields.
>>
>> When I ran into a similar problem I put the fields as html fields
>> (passwords input) on the form. After checking the dual pwd input I
>> passed the pwd to a hidden text field.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>>
>>

You can with JQuery

--
Sincerely,
Steven Williams
Lead Software Engineer
NetIQ
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Compare two Password fileds

Hello,

The following jQuery code will work if your fields are named password and verifyPassword:

password=$("input#_password").val();
verifyPassword=$("input#_verifyPassword").val();

Best regards,
Tobias
On 2011-11-18 19:56, THowarth wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to compare two fields with the Control Type of
> Password. I am able to do the compare when the fields are Control Type
> Text. When i attempt to use the same code used for comparting "text"
> for the "password" it looks as if it is not able to see the values.
>
> How do I "see" the password text to do the compare?
>
> Thanks!
>
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.