tirthankar_mppm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Configuring REST driver

Hi,
Customer provides few REST URLs for user creation, user deletion, etc and I want to configure a REST driver with this details. At the very beginning I am stuck to configure the driver where is asks "Authorization Header Fields", please the the Image . I am sharing one url details.

URL = http://<ip_address>:<port>/dsm/wsi/user/getUserByUsername/{username}
Method = GET
Path Params = username : [string] Username of user whose user Id needs to be fetched
Query Params = NA
Required Request Headers = Required [Basic Authentication ({username}:{password})]
Required Response Headers = NA
HTTP Response codes = 200 OK
Sample = Request URL : GET http://<hp_iot_ip>:<port>/dsm/wsi/user/getUserByUsername/{username}

Please anyone help
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
tirthankar1984 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Configuring REST driver

What is the mechanism or how the REST driver works with REST endpoints? Can anyone gives any idea?
0 Likes
ukrause Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,

see my answer to Inranil2121 in this forum on the same topic.
To make it clear and be honest: it is alway good to have at least a good understanding of the whole IDM Driver Architecture before asking questions about more complex drivers like REST. Also this forum might not be the place to get educated in the Basics of drivers.
There are very good articles written by many people in Coolsolutions, there are excellent basic documents from NetIQ. Just use Google "netiq idm rest driver" and you will get at least 10 documents worth to study. They will all answer your question.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,
I have checked with the SoapUI and getting the response from the REST url. But the no response found using the REST driver.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tirthankar1984;2487276 wrote:
Hi,
I have checked with the SoapUI and getting the response from the REST url. But the no response found using the REST driver.

If you have SoapUI working, that's a good start.

Now post a level 3 trace of your IDM event, from start to end, so we can see what it's doing.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 9/10/2018 4:24 AM, tirthankar1984 wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have checked with the SoapUI and getting the response from the REST
> url. But the no response found using the REST driver.

Generally this can be many things. Firewall between the IDM server/RL
running the shim vs from where you ran SOAP UI.

Could be a SSL issue, where the cert is not trusted by IDM, whereas
SoapUI will auto trust any cert or auto import it. (Which is course a
security risk, no matter how convenient it might be!)

Trace of the connection attempt (search for POST in the your trace,
usually that is where it happens) should help identify a problem.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Hi
Basic configuration of REST driver is now working, and we are able to create users in the REST endpoint. For modifying user details I am using the REST API modify URL and it is configured in REST driver as follows
URL Extention = /Restapi/<association>modifyUser
Operation = Modify
Method = POST
But user information update not working, it creates a new entry every changes in the user details. But when using the SOAPUI it works fine. Please give any suggestion.
0 Likes
bhopal_smart Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also facing the same problem. I have modified the otp-XDStoJSON policy but in the trace log I am seeing

[09/17/18 18:06:01.430]:Rest Driver ST:Subscriber processing modify for \TEST-TREE\data\users\test.
[09/17/18 18:06:01.430]:Rest Driver ST:Converting <modify> to <add>
[09/17/18 18:06:01.431]:Rest Driver ST:Reading relevant attributes from \TEST-TREE\data\users\test.
[09/17/18 18:06:01.431]:Rest Driver ST:
<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">

Please guide if we have some sample policies to have the modify event working.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

bhopal_smart;2487674 wrote:
I am also facing the same problem. I have modified the otp-XDStoJSON policy but in the trace log I am seeing

[09/17/18 18:06:01.430]:Rest Driver ST:Subscriber processing modify for \TEST-TREE\data\users\test.
[09/17/18 18:06:01.430]:Rest Driver ST:Converting <modify> to <add>
[09/17/18 18:06:01.431]:Rest Driver ST:Reading relevant attributes from \TEST-TREE\data\users\test.
[09/17/18 18:06:01.431]:Rest Driver ST:
<nds dtdversion="4.0" ndsversion="8.x">

Please guide if we have some sample policies to have the modify event working.

You may want to start your own thread as a new one. Converting modify to add is the process of a synthetic add, indicating that the object being modified does not exist in the connected system, so needs to be created. Nothing you do in XDStoJSON is going to affect that.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.