Userapp AE

Hello

I want to create IDM resource object from Userapp PRD form, I have added 

Dirxml-Resource as Entity

added attributes for entity,   CN, Dirxml-ContentType, Dirxml-Data

in PRD workflow I have define Entity with create aciton

for Dirxml-ContentType = 'text/xml'

for Dirxml-Data = i am addding some xml data

When testing PRD. i get LDAP Invalid attributeValue error,  I have checked Dirxmk-Data is type of Stream in schema, but now sure how to write data in stream to from PRD? 

Regards,

Maqsood.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you define the attribute and class in the DAL as an Entity?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Is this a resource, as in a thing you can then assign to a role? If so, you need to make the SOAP calls to create it, not just create the object.
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Oops forgot about that.  Use Integration Activity and have fun working with it.  I have some helpful articles on the topic:

https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/user-app-soap-integration-activity-interesting-error/
https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/using-soap-terminate-running-workflow-part-1/
https://www.netiq.com/communities/cool-solutions/using-soap-terminate-running-workflow-part-2/

Last two are basically exactly what you need step by step, just use a different SOAP endpoint (Resource, and the createResource() API call.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

@geoffc  i think you are talking about nrfResource, but i am talking about   DirXml-Resource :),  the one you create in Library using Designer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

@geoffc  @dgersic  to clarify this "Resource" i want to created from PRD using Entity,

DesignerResource.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

and this is how DAL Entity looks like

DesignerResourceEntity.png

DesignerResourceEntityAttributes.png

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

That is sort of interesting.

Can you enable Ndstrace with +LDAP while you try this, to see if there is more info on the ldap trace side of the attempt?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

@geoffc yes i will see but i have checked  attribute Dirxml-Data is type of "Stream", my question how to write "Stream" from Create Entity within PRD workflow?   Data i have is xml "String" which i want write, my blind guess is that it has to be type of "Stream" but not sure if userapp DAL converts automatically from String  to Stream automatically or do i have to do myself and how ? 

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In general, Stream vs String is immaterial, and only matters in terms of storage in the DIB. Stream is stored in the nds.01 file, whereas a stream attribute is stored in a file naed OBJECTID.nds (I think that is the extension).  Thus there is a 64K liimit on attr data in teh DIB but Stream files do not have limits (I think, maybe 4GB?)

I was thinking about where you set the Type of an attr and in the DAL I see it under UI Control. I THINK this is more about display (treat as large file) vs storgae.

Worst case you need to B64 encode the data, but I do not think that should be neccasary.  But worth a shot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Now, just asking; would it not be easier just to use the soap request to do this?

Also that way, you're sure that it's created correctly.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

@cpedersen  i did not that we can cerate dirxml-resource using soap?  are you sure you are not  talking about nrfResource and not Dirxml-Resource? 

There is SOAP endpoints we use actively for creating role and resources(nrfResource) but i did not know if there was one for Dirxml-Resource,  can you point to it any documentaiton?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.